#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Perfect Epic villain
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk
    Perfect Epic villain
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:05 am  

@Duicarthan: This is great stuff! Can`t wait to see the site. I`ve been looking for NPC conversions on the net for quite a while and there`s not much out there. Will there be non epic ones too? Will you take submissions? To have a big GH 3.5 NPC list wuold be great!

BTW with my question i meant the circle8stats.rtf downloadable from your 2E section. The mordy at 26 in there is not supported by any 2e reference. As for their 3e stats will you put them on the NPC page too?

@Dethand: Zagyg is a demigod! So he`s still one step up from Iggwilv even if you peg her at CL 49. (which the Dicefreaks version wil probably be, but without any template)

Check out http://community.dicefreaks.com for 3.5 stats Grazzt, Iuz, some other Greyhawk gods, and many other epic threats. (Also be sure to download their free pdf publication the Gates of Hell!)
    CF Admin

Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:48 am  

True that Zagyg is a demi-god (he got a little breathing room when Iggwilv was, err..busy), but Iggwilv is more my style for a villian since I first read about her in S4.

I like Jaran I really dont have plans for him in my games, and although a trip through the Vale of the Mage would be a hair-raising experience it would have little use in my current Epic home game, so thats why I may seem to have a lack of interestin using Jaran and the Vale of the Mage. Maybe also because I have understood his power and need to be isolated as well. But please share with us your veiws, a lot of other DM's would probably like to see how the Vale of the Mage will look stated out (me included)!

Good stuff over all Duicarthan, I hope you will keep posting here, I'm sure I can convince Gary to get an Epic Topic up and running soon if we get good submissions for it coming in! Smile
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:02 am  

Dethand wrote:
    Iggwilv is about right my personal thoughts, which for my two cents is overpriced. I had her pegged around 30-40th, a bit behind good ol' Zagyg.

To clarify: I was referring to this comment of yours..
    And not suggesting Zagyg as an epic villain. (which could be rather funny though!)
    Quote:
    The Half-feind is something for contention..perhaps feindish..or well putting up with Grazz't maybe a lesser taint, but I cant against the end result though.

Yes. I too believe the half-fiend template does not quite fit. But then again I`ll decide when i see her stats.
    Quote:
    Hey sounds like you got a helluva good Epic game going on there, please share the info you got with us when you get the time! Happy

Second!
    Mad Archmage of the Oerth Journal

Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:38 pm  

Well today was the start of the Boneheart personages.
    I started with Althea as a lvl 25 cleric of Iuz and got Null finished as a lvl 24 wizard. I am really trying to stick to canon with every character so I spend about an hour or so combing over every detail. so an hour/ character. so it takes time to get them done when i work 10 hours/ day sometimes. Anyway, I will allow links for submissions to a html statblock page using a modified E-tools format (comparible to a stat-block you'd see in Dungeon Magazine). All of my posts are going to be rtf format b/c its easy and it doesnt mess up the nice stat-block format readability like html does (and its easier to cut and paste for ANY DM).

Though imho opinion Iggwilv at lvl 45 is a little over the top, b/c thats pushing her over the quasi-diety range. Keep in mind she was captured by Grazzt once, so shes powerful yes, but not comparable to a demigod or quasi-diety.

Haha anyone even going against Zagyg is going to be in for trouble. Imagine the havoc the players will have to suffer though mixing slapstick humor, Loony Tunes, and even pun humor into an adventure. Zagyg would simply laugh at them while they attack pummel them with falling anvils, squirting flowers of acid, wreck havoc with their spells (cough rod of wonder anyone?), and turn their weapons into rubber chickens. I mean cmon, fighting him really isnt worth it b/c your players are GOING to get mad or fall over laughing then say it was a dream right? I've always found it better to have Zagyg be a LOT like Fizban from Dragonlance. The doting old funny wizard who walks around and drives the players nuts but not someone they want to kill. Truly though Zagyg would mess with the characters if attacked theres no way to know whats real with him and whats not. The admixture of illusions and conjured items would be preposterous. (stoppping now b/c my imagination is expanding this idea WAY too FAR!) =P

Oh yeah, Iggwilv = in the works shes a tough cookie to peg for that Template but I do think something fiendish will work just gotta research some more. =)

>>Reply>>BTW with my question i meant the circle8stats.rtf downloadable from your 2E section. The mordy at 26 in there is not supported by any 2e reference. As for their 3e stats will you put them on the NPC page too?

All of the Circle 8 past, present will be included in the 3.5 NPC Page. As for my Mordy in 2e. Well that was a speculation built from canon examples (not direct canon), and that was done 2 years prior to 3e ever coming out, and in the Epic Level Handbook he's lvl 27 so i think I guessed fairly well there. heh =)

Current Listing-
    Ivid V, Jaran Krimeah, Iggwilv (in the worx), Circle 8 (in the worx), Lord Robilar (a little more buff), The Boneheart (Null and Althea so far), Tuerny the Merciless, Mordenkainen (a little more buff), Rary the Traitor (considering some edits).

Please feel free to add NPC's you'd like to see in posts here or through email; duicarthan (at) hotmail . And yes, I will be doing all NPC's (probly nothing below lvl 10 though for now) I can get to at a time past/ present/ future (as they come out). This includes a new look on Drelnza (Iggwilvs daughter!).
    http://www.oerthjournal.com http://www.greyhawkonline.com/duicarthan
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- EpicHawk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: