Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Drelnza gaurds what ?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Drelnza gaurds what ?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:45 pm  
    Drelnza gaurds what ?

If I'm not mistaken Drelnza slumbers under Daoud's wondrous Lantern as well as some other items. Can some one tell me what else is there ? I've long looked at the drawing of her in statis and wondered what the containers with her are. Also - I know I have the printed material for the Lantern somewhere but cant seem to find it. Was it written up in Dragon mag ?
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:27 pm  

from S4

Quote:
    Make certain that you note this. The
    spherical chamber has the following treasure:
    6 folding screens (6' x 1 'h x '/z) 1,000 gp each
    2 carpets (4' x 2') 750 gp each
    2 inlaid stands (3' x 1 '/z' x 1 '/2') 2,000 gp each
    4 porcelain vessels (1' x 1' x 1') 1,500 gp each
    1 table (2' x 2' x 3') 800 gp
    1 crystal bowl (1' x 1' x 1')* 3,250 gp
    1 silver tripod and brazier (3'/z' x 1' dia.)** 750 gp
    *Contains gems of the following value: 400 x 1 gp, 300 x 5 gp,
    200x10gp,100x50gp,10x100gp,1x500gp.
    **Contains a block of everburning incense that can be sold to a
    religious institution for 1,000 gp.
    Above Drelnza's stone couch hangs the artifact, Daoud's Wondrous
    Lanthorn.

there is also more treasure under the block that she lays on.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:39 am  

Perhaps you are going through the adventure and are just trying to find out what is in the room? If so, then naughty naughty!

If you want to find out what is in the room then just pop over to www.svgames.com and buy it. If you are interested in running the adventure, that is. Happy

---Cebrion

Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:27 am  

Thanks for the info, and no, I'm more interested in getting her up and about.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:17 pm  

A certin set of circumstances results in her awakening. She would be an extremely deadly foe, nearly rivaling Kas in his most recently published form(see the adventure "Vecna Lives" for comparison). That ought to scare the hell out of most people who read this. Drelzna is a relatively simple character, but very dangerous. A 3.5 conversion of her would be even more sick!
    She guards what is listed in the adventure, which really doesn't include the laundry list of precious woods, metals, and stones listed above- that is just window dressing. What she is truly guarding is a powerful magical artifact(the lanthorn) and a tome (written by a certain witch), which could do lots of damage if they got into the wrong hands. The rest of the items she "guards" are but mundane gewgaws in comparison.

---Cebrion

Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:25 am  

Quote:
    Drelzna is a relatively simple character, but very dangerous. A 3.5 conversion of her would be even more sick!

My old DM made my old group fight her... She was a half-fiend vampire, I think.
    We took her down by hitting her with holy water, actually... Laughing
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:37 am  

S4 make no mention of demonic heritage, leading most people to assume that she is the daughter of Iggwilv by a normal human, perhaps the very noble the Iuz showed up claiming to be the heir of when he first burst upon the scene.

given that there is nothing to suiggest that even in 3.5 she would be anything other then a 13th level vampire fighter with an intellegent sword. Although I feel that some blackguard levels would be appropriate as well.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Oct 31, 2004 8:13 am  
    Drelzna's Father

Check out Oerth Journal 13 for "Lerrek's Tale" which sheds some light on Drelzna's origins.

Lerrek is a lich that dwells in the Vesve Forest. He was originally described in the accessory Iuz the Evil. This article is great for the discussions of both Iggwilv and Drelzna.

O-D
    Master Greytalker

Tue Nov 02, 2004 12:12 pm  

Although in general a joke module, Castle Greyhawk does have some interesting bits of Greyhawk lore. Among them are the factoid that after the birth of Iuz, Iggwilv was no longer romantically involved with Grazz't. While his next concubine was a succubis (IIRC), Iggwilv became involved with a lich.

Although CG was not written by Gygax, it seems congurent that a lich father might produce some sort of negative power offspring, possibly including a free-willed vampire like Drelzna.

As far as her treasures, they include a set of the books from the old DMG that increase stats. These would be very valuable to PC's, as they are one sure way of attaining superhuman ability scores.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:44 pm  

IMC I have indeed used OJ13 and made Lerrek Drelzna's father. I also gave her several fitting feats [vile and not] I like the Blackgaurd idea and am adapting her further. I also increased the power of most of her personal items to better fit my game. Why does a vampire need slippers of spider climbing??
    She will be awakened shortly by a warlock agent of her mother and [IMC] the son of Zuggtmoy and Robilar [the original not the clone that was hanging with Rary] of course she could wake on the wrong side of the bed so to say. Woe to those that displease her!!

Many Thanks to all of you
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Nov 13, 2004 8:53 am  

Quote:
    Why does a vampire need slippers of spider climbing??
    perhaps because 1e vampires did not have that ability inately... they did not get the ability to spider climb as the spell at will until 2e
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: