JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Shackled City in the Flanaess
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Shackled City in the Flanaess
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:22 pm  
    Shackled City in the Flanaess

I finally get to run a Greyhawk campaign!!! *sound of cheers and party kazoos* Happy I'm planning on using the Shackled City adventure path from Dungeon magazine. My question is: Where in the Flanaess should I put the city of Cauldron? The Lortmils? The Crystalmists (by Sterich?) Has anyone started running these modules in their GH campaign? Is there an "obvious" location for it that only a "true" GH fan would know?
    Input is much appreciated Wink

Sat Dec 11, 2004 12:42 pm  

There is a published location, I believe it is in the letter from the editor in one of the magazines. If I remeber correctly, it is in the Helfurnaces by the Amedio Jungle.

I was discussing it with a friend, and we thought that tying Cauldron to Hardby would be a fun idea. It was a failed colony established 100 or so years ago, that still maintains relations with the Gynarch. However, Hardby's current occupation keeps the gynarch from discussing their commonwealth ally.

This allows you to A) use the excellent Hardby supplement from a few months back; B) Gives a gateway to the Flaness and a tie in, rather than hiking all through the Hellfurnance; C) Gives a reason for a Flaness style city in the middle of the dense jungle.

Or not. Either way have fun and welcome to Greyhawk.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Dec 11, 2004 1:13 pm  

I want to say that it was intended to be put somewhere in the Sea princes, but I could be wrong. A Hardby angle does present some interesting angles as well though!
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 12:09 am  

Dungeon suggested that it be set in the hellfurnaces on the south side of Jeklea bay IIRC.
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:16 am  

just found it... in dungeon number 109, Cauldron is located near the north west border of Hex 77-U1 on the living greyhawk gazetter map.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:10 am  

correct cwslyclgh, and looking at the site on the map it has a nice dormant Volcano....I think the whole story was originally thinked in the area.....(IMHO)

www.Greyhawk.it

The grey falcon fly in Italy too
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:45 am  

Yes, I found it. Thanx! It's quite out of the way, but the story of it being an abandoned Sea Princes colony makes sense, with the political upheaval there and all. I wonder if the Scarlet Brotherhood knows of Cauldron's existence and if they're doing something about it? Guess that's for me to decide as a DM, huh?
    The idea of it being a Hardby colony is interesting too, but would it be located in the same place, or closer to the Wooly Bay? Wouldn't make much sense for it to be so far away. I can see the advantage of starting the campaign closer to the central Flanaess. It's pretty difficult to explain the presence of any non-native characters so far south. Shipwreck? Escaped slaves? Going far away to escape a war-torn past? Hmmm... Question
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: