ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Strandkeep
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Strandkeep
    CF Admin

Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:51 am  
    Strandkeep

Hi, all.

I finished reading Gygax's Saga of Old City, which I thought was a great read. I was able to get all of the Gord books, and I am happy to be reading them - even if it's twenty years later. Thanks to Thanael for his help in sorting the books out for me.

So, I started reading Artifact of Evil this weekend. And it opens with the assault on Strandkeep in the Pomarj. I was happy to see Strandkeep on Dungeon 119's Greyhawk map - cool.

Now I wonder, does Strandkeep appear in any Greyhawk adventures? It's no big deal, I am just curious. Is it in A1-4 Scourge of the Slavelords (and the adventures its derived from) or the Slavers supplement?

Happy New Year, too. :)

Last edited by Greyson on Sun Jan 02, 2005 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:35 am  
    Great books

Gawds! I remember reading those when they first came out. I was....oh good grief, I was in seventh grade. Talk about feeling old Embarassed Anyway, I just wanted to say they are quite enjoyable. I don't think there is a mention of the fortress, but hey, I could be wrong Cool

I Miss the Wild Coast,
    Dwarf from Nyrond
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:49 pm  

there is an "Ostrand keep" that appears on a map in slavers, but it is not described in the text at all.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:48 pm  

As far as I know, Strandkeep was never detailed as an adventure site. Oddly enough I am in the process of detailing it to use in my campaign as the source of some high-powered SB agents who plague the County of Urnst(and a certain CoU court bard pc in my campaign in particular). I do not plan on any good forces sieging the place, as that would not suit the current situation. There are some descriptive passages in the book describing some of the features/layout of the place. I don't know if EGG actually ran the siege of Strandkeep(or Ostrandkeep) as a campaign event, but this type of thing really makes for a good event that is out of the ordinary. I always view anything that involves pc's in the events of the campaign world at large as a good thing. It is always great to get players into an adventure other than a dungeon crawl.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:53 am  

I just stuck Agnar and Ragnar, the dwarf brothers from the original Slave Lords modules in the keep.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: