Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Events at Gen Con?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Events at Gen Con?
    Adept Greytalker

Sun May 21, 2017 8:12 pm  
    Greyhawk Events at Gen Con?

I'm looking over the 2017 Gen Con event catalog and I was wondering if anyone knew of more Greyhawk-related events than the following:

numerous Greyhawk Reborn 5e events
    3.5 Honor Among Thieves
    the 4-part Icons of Greyhawk series

Any tips or recommendations would be welcome.
    thanks!
    Paladin

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:55 pm  

While not "GH" specifically, it may have a bit of GH Flavor is the "Heart of the Forest Savage" by Skip Williams done in 2e.. my bunch of players never did a 2e so I'm dragging them along for this one.
    Evil Grin
    As already stated, there are a number of 5e renditions of GH... and a 3.5 "honor among Thieves" based from the Greyhawk thieves guild... but it might be booked up.. but you could aways by a generic ticket and show up incase there is a seat.

According To a search on the events list there are 39 GH type games set up.

DLG
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:47 pm  

Speaking of which, are there any plans for a dinner/drinks meet-up like we've had in the past? I've missed the last 2-3 years, but I'll be there this time!
    Forum Moderator

Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:22 pm  

Dammit Rob!

This year I won't be there. It was just Anna, me and my friends last time.
    Paladin

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:25 am  

Many years past, I went to the University of Wisconsin version (Gencon 15 maybe? lol tooo many years to remember), never been to the more "commercialized" Indy version.

But for the 50th Anniversary, dragging some of my players that have never been at all. So we will be there.

Getting some 2e version play in and several seminars.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:09 pm  

mortellan wrote:
    Dammit Rob!

This year I won't be there. It was just Anna, me and my friends last time.

Bloody hell! Well, I'll hoist one for you. Where have you guys been meeting since I was last there? I remember the year my plans fell through we were planning to meet at the restaurant in the JW Marriott (I think) because the RAM was too crowded.
    Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:13 pm  

Yeah the JW. It was also in part because the Greyhawk Reborn crowd was running their events out of that hotel. The RAM will forever be my favorite cause of the outside seating and its central to the action. The JW is kind of a hike.
    GreySage

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:56 am  

Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:

Most excellent! It is getting harder and harder to find 2e items (out of print, of course), though once in a while you can get lucky enough to find one. I hope you are having a great time, and that your players enjoy 2e.

-Lanthorn
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:00 pm  

Greyhawk reborn will be at Gen Con 50, and would love to talk Greyhawk with folks. Hopefully we can get together! We'll be in the JW Marriot again.

Regards,
    Dave Guerrieri,
    GHR Lead
    CF Admin

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:57 pm  

These sets of events may catch classic GH fans' eyes:

http://playingattheworld.blogspot.com/2017/07/see-d-draft-at-gen-con-museum.html

and

Paul Stormberg wrote:
    All Legends of Wargaming events for Gen Con 50 are now up and a few have already sold out! If you want a unique chance to play the games that lead to the creation of Dungeons & Dragons and played at the earliest Gen Cons, now is your chance! Just look under Host: Legends of Wargaming to find all of our events: https://www.gencon.com/event_finder

Futures Bright,

Paul

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:41 pm  

Good one Allan, aka Grodog..
    I'm gonna try to work that in!
    on another Gencon Note..
    I did receive a message from the Goddess of Cartography >>>>
    Anna wrote:

Hi guys :)

Yes I will be at Gen Con. Most of the time I will work at Lonewolf Development, booth 343 or in the Saga Ballroom. But will have time off and would love to hang out with you!

So for any going to the Gencon, go by and extend greetings and a BIG THANK YOU for all the Greyhawk love she has shared for all of us.

DLG
    CF Admin

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 pm  

Some more historical sessions at GenCon 50: http://www.gencon.com/experience/retropanels

Allan.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:16 pm  

Thanks again Allan,
    managed to squeeze in Retrospective Panel: Fantasy Conquers Gen Con that at least gets me able to fire some Greyhawk at Luke Gygax, which will be great to hear the perspective.

The unexpected bonus is also being able to meet Tim Kask of Strategic Review, and editor of the White Box supplements.....the "original " Supplement IV:Gods, Demigods and Heroes.*

*Supplement to the white box along with Blackmoor, Greyhawk, Eldritch Wizardry,long before it actually became the hard bound Deities and Demi-gods book.... for all you youngsters (1/2 my current players) reading along... <whink>

And Mike Carr (Dawn Patrol!) Two games that lead me to D&D from the smoky fields of miniature wargaming.

Still trying to figure out how to make the Hickman, Weis (Dragon Lance), and Steve Jackson (Ogre), Frank Mentzer (way too many to list but my interest is the EARLY D&D versus AD&D)... gonna be a busy con!

Cheers
    DLG
    Paladin

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:19 pm  

Lanthorn wrote:
    Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:

Most excellent! It is getting harder and harder to find 2e items (out of print, of course), though once in a while you can get lucky enough to find one. I hope you are having a great time, and that your players enjoy 2e.

-Lanthorn

Hey Long time no chat my friend.... all on me... don't get to the chat near as often as I'd like... if there is a 2e your questing for let me know.. I have plans on attending the auction, so you never know what might show! I'll grab it for you...
    DLG
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: