JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Druids of Greyhawk and the Old Lore
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Druids of Greyhawk and the Old Lore
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:54 pm  
    Druids of Greyhawk and the Old Lore

In my current campaign one of my players is a Half-Elf (Drow) Druid of Ehlonna (Circle of the Moon, so she is more changing forms than casting spells).

When working in the PC background we agree that she studied under a druidic circle in the Little Hills in the Yeomanry (the campaign is set in a valley in the Jotens).

Now that they have finished the first part of the campaign (i adapted Lost Mine of Phandelver), and found the mine and its "great magical power" (i assumed that they are something akin Ley Lines), she wants to becaome the "guardian" of the valley, and so, i want to give the character a more completed druidic experience.

Aside from the 3.0 Living Greyhawk Gazzeter and The Adventure Begins! books that i already have, were i can find good background material in druidic order and the Old Lore?

Just began to read Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad, and my head already hurts!

Cronicas de Wandemere - My current Greyhawk campaign (in spanish)
    GreySage

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:15 pm  

Forgive the blatant, shameless plug for 2e materials, but "Complete Book of Druids" might be a good source guide for you to snag. In my opinion, it is one of the BEST of the "Complete Books" that have come out, with all sorts of information for playing druids. It might be useful for you.

-Lanthorn
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:05 am  

One of the best canon sources:
    http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=lg/lgpg/20080122a

Paul Stormberg's "The Nature of Druids in the Flanaess" in Oerth Journal #15 is my favorite resource.

Rob Kuntz's newer versions of Dark Druids for AD&D (Pied Piper PDF and Chaotic Henchmen print) are the best source if you want to include evil druids (the dark druids work well for the Shadow Circle from PHBR13, maniacs like Henwen from the disguised GH module The Standing Stone, etc.).
    http://www.chaotichenchmen.com/p/dark-druids-by-robert-j-kuntz.html

Not recommended are the NE gnoll druids of the Celedon in Dungeon #85.

Peruse Lenard Lakofka's articles on the Suel gods, both the old Dragon issues and his online docs. A number of Suel gods allow druids that aren't mentioned in later sources, including the oft forgotten Akwamom.
    GreySage

Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:37 pm  

"The Old Lore" is the first edition AD&D bard class, which is also found in an appendix in the 2nd edition Complete Bard's Handbook.

In 3rd edition, the fochlucan lyrist from Complete Adventurer is inspired by the 1st edition bard.

Oerth Journal #15, cited by Vestcoat above, also has a 3rd edition version of the 1st edition bard.
    CF Admin

Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:08 pm  

IIRC Fred Weining wrote a 3.x Prestige Class built around Old Lore Bards too. I don't recall offhand though if it was published in the OJ, LGJ, his web site, the Greyhawk extras from 2000, etc. :/

Allan.

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:13 am  

Thanks for the data guys. I will work with my player to create a Small Hills circle and how their inner ceremonies and ranks are.

Just began to read Crypt of Lyzandred the Mad, and my head already hurts!

Cronicas de Wandemere - My current Greyhawk campaign (in spanish)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: