JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Old Con Adventures
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Old Con Adventures
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am  
    Old Con Adventures

I was re-reading Dragon #87 for the umpteenth time. It has one of those inserts for GENCON 17. One of the events is 4088 "The Lost Passage of the Suloise". Anyone know anything about it? Who ran it? Could it have had any canonical content?
    CF Admin

Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:34 am  
    Re: Old Con Adventures

jamesdglick wrote:
    I was re-reading Dragon #87 for the umpteenth time. It has one of those inserts for GENCON 17. One of the events is 4088 "The Lost Passage of the Suloise". Anyone know anything about it? Who ran it? Could it have had any canonical content?

There's no additional info for the event in the GenCon events database than what's listed in the pre-reg booklet, unfortunately:

Quote:

THE LOST PASSAGE OF SULOISE

Title:
    THE LOST PASSAGE OF SULOISE
    Year:
    Original Order:
    Game:
    1984-4088
    Long Description:
    The Lerara tribe is trapped inside the tunnel of Suloise. The magic seal has worn off and it is now open. Something is terrorizing the area. Can you stop it?? AD&DŽ game rules
    Event Type:
    GER-5
    Maximum Players:
    Duration:
    4 hrs
    Total Rounds:

From http://best50yearsingaming.com/programs/catalog/1984-4088

Allan.

Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:52 pm  
    Lost Passage of the Suloise

Additionally,

In the World of Greyhawk 1983 boxed set, in the Glossography book, there was this exact scenario listed in the adventures section. So that would make the events canonical, I would think. It sounds like the GenCon event was probably based off of this scenario.

The description in the boxed set is much more detailed and gives some good ideas. Other adventure ideas include the Quest for the Mist Golem and other adventures, so it is worth a look.

O-D
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:07 am  

I could've sworn that I read this adventure at some point. Or thumbed through it. I thought it was in a Dragon Magazine, but older than when I started my subscription (which was around 75?). It was a long time ago. I don't remember more than that.

I don't know if that helps at all. Have you looked through old Dragons or possibly Dungeons?
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:01 pm  
    other useful bits of lore

Also, check out Dragon Magazine Issue 241 for an article on the Lerara as background and as a PC race. The title is "Legacy of the Suel" and gives some more background information. The Lerara portion was described in character by Elayne Mystica, who was first described in Dragon # 139 and who has since become a canonical NPC.

Issue 241 also had a bit about Slerotin's Manifesto as a spellbook.

See if these prove useful.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:15 pm  

Searching boccob in IRC for "Lerara" only shows hits in Issue 241 (and Oerth Journal)...
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: