Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Funny Tavern Patron.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Funny Tavern Patron.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:12 pm  
    Funny Tavern Patron.

What kind of Jokes would be told in a tavern?

I want to have a funny background patron with a list of jokes to rattle off in the background (or perhaps just the punchlines that the party walks in on the end of).

Anybody have any jokes they'd like to share?
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:36 pm  

I'd say that a collection of "Dad" jokes would probably be best, sorted for applicability. Also, jokes about the next villages' dim-witted/immoral inhabitants are probably appropriate:

"How many people from Greyhawk does it take to start a fire? Two. One to start the fire and another to pick your pockets!".

"Why did the Frost Barbarian cross the ocean? He forgot to raid his neighbor!"

I don't think you would have the kind of social commentary that a modern stand-up comedienne would provide... it would be more local jokes and favorite funny stories in my vision.
    GreySage

Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:13 pm  

I second Tarelton's suggestions.

Also, locals from the village up or downstream or foreigners, etc. may be substituted for Polocks and blondes in those jokes.

Overheard in a tavern in Highfolk: "A Furyondian Noble was out riding along the bank of the Velverdyva one fine day when he spied a peasant on the opposite bank. 'My Lord! How does one get to the other side?' cried the poor man. 'You ARE on the other side,' answered the nobleman, unhelpfully."

SirXaris
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: