JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Ages of Oerth
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Ages of Oerth
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:41 am  
    Ages of Oerth

This question MUST have been asked before, but I can't seem to find the relevant thread:

What other historical Ages has Oerth and/or the Flanaess undergone prior to the Age of Great Sorrow (which, I'm guessing, the Flanaess is still within)?

The only other Age I know of is the Age of Worms which is presumably forestalled by adventurers.

Side question: Does anyone know what Year One of the Olven Calendar commemorates?
    GreySage

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:07 pm  

Dungeon #124, page 15: "Since the beginning of history, humanity has measured time in Ages. Ages of Glory, of Dreams, and even of Great Sorrows mark the human tally of years, giving a sense of order to the events of past centuries."

Glossography, page 2: "The Savant-Sage is known to have lived in the city of Greyhawk during Oerth's Epoch of Magic."

R4 Doc's Island, page 4, calls the period from 659 OR to roughly 857 OR "The Age of Kings." In 857 OR, the Age of Great Sorrow began.
    GreySage

Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:13 pm  
    Re: Ages of Oerth

edmundscott wrote:
    Side question: Does anyone know what Year One of the Olven Calendar commemorates?

There's no canon here, but in the Oerth Journal #1 timeline it represents the year the "Four Elven Realms of the East" were founded after the Elf-Drow wars.
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 pm  

Many thanks as always, Rasgon. I had totally forgot about the Doc's Island stuff.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: