JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Canon GH Underdark References
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Canon GH Underdark References
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:41 am  
    Canon GH Underdark References

I'd appreciate it if people could post any canon GH references to the Underdark they come across. Please note source, page number (or other references if applicable), reference location in Greyhawk, and a quick note on creatures or what not.

For instance, Source blah blah, page blah, Gnarley Forest, cave system said to link to underdark, drow patrols spotted on surface.

Thanks
    Nell.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Jan 28, 2005 9:20 am  

I posted this on one of the other UnderOerth threads but seeing that it is relevant to this thread I've copied and pasted it.

The information comes from the Queen of Spiders campaign that I downloaded off of SV Games. It provides lots of canon information about this particular region of the UnderOerth.

The modules detail Erelhei-Cinlu under the Hellfurnaces and describe that city as the largest and greatest of all the drow cities. A description of drow culture and clans of that particular area and also whether their alleigance is to Lolth or the Elder Elemental God (of course bear in mind this stuff is earlier than I would imagine you'd be setting this current project)

The description of this area of Under-Oerth reveals two layers if you like...and upper Under-Oerth comprising of many winding tunnels, caves, fissures and sink holes, littered with rubble and slippery underfoot in many places...this warren of tunnels seems to then deepen into the Under-Oerth proper. Perhaps weaker races may dwell in these upper tunnels that most likely can be found in all area of the Under-Oerth.

In the area desribed two main races are noted,...the drow and the waning Kua-Toa (gogglers) who are ruled by the Priest-Prince Va-Guulgh the Mighty.

In the decription of Erelhei-Cinlu itself it is interesting to note that it is possible to encounter bands of rakes...bitter youths who are often outcasts - these bands actually have some half-drow members (so the fact they havent been killed off and actually live in the city shows that half-drow in Greyhawk isnt unfeasible thing). These rakes are described as hating the system around them and are neither totally degenerate nor evil.

there are also maps of the area that might be useful.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: