JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Trophies of Tarsellis
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Trophies of Tarsellis
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:33 pm  
    Trophies of Tarsellis

I'm designing the home of Tarsellis Meunniduin, the snow elf patron deity, who in my campaign has self-exiled himself from the rest of the Seldarine and become the master of the Wild Hunt. He resides on an island in a mountainous tarn where the planes of Shadow and Faerie intersect (I'm basing this on Wizard Island on Crater Lake in Oregon).

Tarsellis sees himself as the hunter par excellence and I would like to fill his home with exotic trophies of his kills over the eons.

I'd love to hear any suggestions for what rare or impressive monsters Tarsellis would have mounted as trophies in his home. Probably only the toughest or most evasive creatures would be considered worthy enough to be remembered. I'd be cool with interesting or rare monsters from any edition of the game or from third-party products.

Also, can anyone think of existing modules (maybe from Dungeon magazine) with impressive trophy halls I can steal ideas from?

(I'm mainly trying to instill as sense of wonder and the god's sublime power but would be interested to incorporate any interactive elements.)
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:03 pm  
    Re: Trophies of Tarsellis

edmundscott wrote:
    I'm designing the home of Tarsellis Meunniduin, the snow elf patron deity, who in my campaign has self-exiled himself from the rest of the Seldarine and become the master of the Wild Hunt. He resides on an island in a mountainous tarn where the planes of Shadow and Faerie intersect (I'm basing this on Wizard Island on Crater Lake in Oregon).

Tarsellis sees himself as the hunter par excellence and I would like to fill his home with exotic trophies of his kills over the eons.

I'd love to hear any suggestions for what rare or impressive monsters Tarsellis would have mounted as trophies in his home. Probably only the toughest or most evasive creatures would be considered worthy enough to be remembered. I'd be cool with interesting or rare monsters from any edition of the game or from third-party products.

Also, can anyone think of existing modules (maybe from Dungeon magazine) with impressive trophy halls I can steal ideas from?

(I'm mainly trying to instill as sense of wonder and the god's sublime power but would be interested to incorporate any interactive elements.)

A hunter-deities trophy hall, wow. Demons and Devils, certainly. Dragons, but things like a predator helmet, head of an Alien, Santa and Rudolph, one of the weapons from White Plume Mountain...
    GreySage

Sun Dec 06, 2020 2:40 pm  

I recall that both G1 & G2 have descriptions of their respective giant cheif's trophy rooms.

The Wild Hunt's trophy hall may not be entirely indoors. It may include stuffed versions, statues, and even illusory reincarnations of some of his most memorable kills in an outdoor menagerie.

SirXaris

Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:23 pm  

Well, here's the list of monsters I'm going with. Am not sure yet what kind of display/stuffed momento/keepsake the god will have for each.

greater ssvaklor (mm3)
    gloom (ELH) maybe dagger trophy
    legendary bear & tiger (elh)
    pseudonatural troll (elh)
    three-headed sirrush (elh)
    vermiurge (elh)
    huge garngrath horn (MMV still shoots prismatic rays, CL20)
    apkallu (bstry5)
    solar pitri manasaputra (Bstry5)
    head of the jabberwock (Bstry2)
    draconal agathion (bstry2)
    eremite kyton (bstry3)
    rajadhiraja rakshasa (bstry3)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: