|Kingdom of Aerdy|
|Established||-217 CY (to -110 CY)|
Aerdy properly refers to the now-defunct Kingdom of Aerdy. Sometimes "Aerdy" is used in reference to the Oeridian tribe which founded the kingdom, though the proper term for the tribe is "Aerdi" (which is also the adjectival form). "Aerdy" can also be used in reference to the Great Kingdom of Aerdy, the imperial successor state of the Kingdom of Aerdy.
The Kingdom of Aerdy was formed in -217 CY (428 OR) when Lord Mikar, scion of House Garasteth, united the various Aerdi principalities of the eastern Flanaess. Mikar became the first Grand Prince of the kingdom of Aerdy. In -110 CY, Aerdy's military defeated the cavalry squadrons of Nyrond at the Battle of a Fortnight's Length. The undisputed Oeridian regional superpower thereafter became known as the Great Kingdom.
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1980.
- -----. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1983.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Sargent, Carl. From the Ashes. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1992.
- -----. Ivid the Undying. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1995 (unpublished). Available online: