The Fading Lands are demiplanes intersecting the world of Oerth. They were created by wizards, gods, and other powerful entities. The laws of magic and nature may be different in the Fading Lands than they are in Oerth.
Monster Mythology contrasts the Fading Lands with the ancient "deep sylvan" realm of Ladinion, which became the wandering Seelie Court. It says "Other faerie myths often refer to magical lands of their own which are shrinking or disappearing from the world of mortals."
Known Fading Lands
Named Fading Lands include:
- The plains of the Blood Obelisk.
- The faerie Court of Rings, where avatars of the Seelie Court hunt and the Cat Lord is said to have a bower. The Court of Rings is likely the place where those who drink from Canryell's Well are imprisoned.
- The Crypts of Iron Souls beneath the Glorioles.
- The Mines of Dumathoin beneath the Stark Mounds.
- Broadhurst, Creighton, Paul Looby, and Stuart Kerrigan. "Fading Lands." Available online:  Renton, Wa: Wizards of the Coast, 2004.
- -----. Monster Mythology. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1992.