|Title(s)||Prince of Evil Fire Creatures, Lord of Hellfire, The Eternal Flame|
|Home Plane||Elemental Plane of Fire|
|Portfolio||Evil fire creatures|
|Superior||Elder Elemental Eye|
Imix is an archomental, the Prince of Evil Fire Creatures. His symbol is a red diamond.
Imix appears as a roughly humanoid pillar of red flame with flaming tendrils that radiates waves of intense heat. He stands 18 feet tall and weighs only 6 pounds. He may also appear as a 20-foot-tall flaming red bull.
Imix believes himself to be a spawn of the Elder Elemental Eye, who he is not aware is an aspect of dread Tharizdun. He was involved with the plot regarding the Temple of Elemental Evil. His greatest enemy is Olhydra. He is believed to be the father of the good archomental of fire, Zaaman Rul.
Imix's armies include fire elementals, efreet, salamanders, fire grues, fire mephits, and magmins. His greatest servant is Asgeroth, a pit fiend. Asgeroth has arranged for contacts between Imix and the exiled archdevil Moloch, who seeks Imix's help in regaining his former position.
Imix's pyramid-fortress called the Temple of Ultimate Consumption lies within the heart of a massive volcano rising from the liquid flames of the Blazing Sea, upon the Plain of Burnt Dreams, on the Elemental Plane of Fire.
Imix's cult includes fire giants, red dragons, and spellcasters interested in fire magic. His followers are fiery-tempered sorts, slaves to passion and hate. Orcs, gnolls, trolls, and ogre magi are common allies.
Imix is among the evil elemental princes worshiped in New Empyrea.
Imix's clerics wear robes with red trim. They cast continual flame spells on their amulets.
There is a temple to Imix in the City of Brass known as the Mosque of Blistering Atonement. He is one of the most popular faiths among efreeti nobles there. Imix's followers have secret temples within volcanic tunnels and caves, but they are the most nomadic priests of elemental evil, often travelling to drought-stricken areas to start fires. They often operate out of cellars, dungeons, and ruins. His largest temples are dedicated to the Elder Elemental Eye and all four major elemental princes of evil, not just Imix.
- Cook, Monte. "Four in Darkness: A Guide to Elemental Evil." Dragon #285. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2001.
- -----. Planescape Monstrous Compendium Appendix III. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1998.
- -----. Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2001.
- Cook, Monte, and William W. Connors. The Inner Planes. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1998.
- Grubb, Jeff. Manual of the Planes. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1987.
- Grubb, Jeff, Bruce R. Cordell, and David Noonan. Manual of the Planes. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2001.
- Jansing, Eric, and Kevin Baase. "Princes of Elemental Evil: The Archomentals." Dragon #347. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2006.
- -----. "Princes of Elemental Good: The Archomentals, Part II." Dragon #353. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2007.
- Kestral, Gwendolyn, et al. Monster Manual IV. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2006.
- Mearls, Mike, Greg Bilsand, and Robert J. Schwalb. Monster Manual 3. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2010.
- Mentzer, Frank, and Paul Jaquays. Egg of the Phoenix. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1987.
- Turnbull, Don, ed. Fiend Folio. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1981.