Ecology and inhabitants
All but the highest of the Joten Mountains are below the timber line. Pine forests are most common, with maple, usk, and other northern broadleaf trees in the valleys.
As the name of the mountain range imples, giants are prevalent in the Jotens, including ogres and the cloud, hill, mountain, and stone breeds.
Pikemen from the Yeomanry patrol the southern slopes along with allied dwarves. In the north, fighting between the giants and the humans of Sterich continued as of 591 CY.
Features and settlements
- Gygax, Gary. The World of Greyhawk. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1980.
- -----. World of Greyhawk Fantasy Game Setting. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1983.
- Gygax, Gary and David C. Sutherland III. Additional material by David Cook and Jeff Grubb. Queen of the Spiders. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1986.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Reynolds, Sean K. Against the Giants: The Liberation of Geoff. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999.
- Seguin, Steve. "Lords & Legends." Dragon #131. Lake Geneva, WI: TSR, 1988.