|Mayaheine's Holy Symbol|
|Home Plane||Mount Celestia|
|Portfolio||Protection, Justice, Valor|
|Domains||Law, Good, Protection, and War|
Mayaheine is the demigoddess of Protection, Justice, and Valor. Her symbol is a downward-pointing sword with a V on either side.
Mayaheine is an unusually tall woman with auburn-gold hair with blue eyes. She carries a bastard sword and a longbow, and is garbed in silvery plate mail.
Mayaheine is a servant and paladin of Pelor, and her faith serves as a more strongly martial complement to Pelor's church.
Her relationship with Heironeous is more uncertain, but most of their respective clergy sees their roles as complementary, Mayaheine as protector and Heironeous as the one who marshals the hosts to battle.
Mayaheine dwells in Arvenna, the Chanting Grounds on Mount Celestia, on the warlike layer of Mertion. This is a place for the training of archons, primarily, but she is not the only deity to make it her home.
Mayaheine's faith is still a young one, still organizing itself and still very much tied to the church of Pelor. Her worshipers see her as a savior come to rescue them from the darkness that threatens the world in these grim times.
Priests of Mayaheine are often guided by and always defer to priests of Pelor. Her clerics are often relatively young. They train for combat and help organize the defense of communities.
Paladins of Mayaheine are known as Valiants. Their motto is "Fortitude within and valor without." They are few, as their order has only existed since the 580s CY. Most of them have emerged from existing Pelorian knighthoods. As many as three in five of them are female. The Valiants dedicate themselves to the protection of the innocent, downtrodden, and good. They typically wear flowing tabards cinched with a golden cord or girdle at the waist, usually with the symbol of Mayaheine emblazoned on them. They favor light blues, greens, and tans.
A small temple to Mayaheine exists in Greyhawk's Old City, cared for by the priest Veni Jarrison. She is also worshiped in Perrenland, Hardby (which contains Mayaheine's largest temple and training house), and Zulern.
- Conforti, Steven, ed. Living Greyhawk Official Listing of Deities for Use in the Campaign, version 2.0. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2005. Available online:
- Holian, Gary. "Paladins of Greyhawk." Dragon #306. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2003.
- -----. "Paladins of Greyhawk." Dungeon #104. Bellevue, WA: Paizo Publishing, 2003.
- Holian, Gary, Erik Mona, Sean K. Reynolds, and Frederick Weining. Living Greyhawk Gazetteer. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 2000.
- Perkins, Christopher. Warriors of Heaven. Renton, WA: Wizards of the Coast, 1999.