JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - LG's Knights of the Watch
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    LG's Knights of the Watch
    CF Admin

Wed May 18, 2005 8:40 am  
    LG's Knights of the Watch

Steve Conforti has tackled the Knights of the Watch for the Living Greyhawk campaign. Note that it is "Part I". I thought our Canonfire! patrons would be interested, so take alook at the article...

HERE

Happy gaming.

Wed May 18, 2005 5:24 pm  

*AHEM*

"The following is based on material from the Living Greyhawk Gazetteer and the work of the triads of Gran March and Keoland (both past and present)."

Steve Conforti has edited the disparate comments and produced this article. As he notes, the various elements were developed by others.

However, he seems to have made a few typos (the first three dates should be -342, -242, and -161), as well as apparently missing that the Knights of the Watch were formally created by Tavish the Great, and did not change their name on their own. That, or someone changed that element of their history from the LGG and he copied it.
    Master Greytalker

Wed May 18, 2005 6:12 pm  

So samwise, any suggestions on how to edit the article if you are sure about the errors made? Wink
    CF Admin

Wed May 18, 2005 6:52 pm  
    Yea, the Dates

Samwise wrote:
    ... a few typos (the first three dates should be -342, -242, and -161) ...
    I was wondering about those dates. I thought they were either revising history, or they were just mistakes. Regrettably, the Living Greyhawk campaign suffers from the same appalling editing sickness that stifles WotC as a whole.

Thu May 19, 2005 5:27 am  

Crag wrote:
    So samwise, any suggestions on how to edit the article if you are sure about the errors made? Wink

Well, yes.
    As I said, the Knights of the Watch were created by Tavish the Great, not earlier as described. That also marked the shift from being an anti-Flan organization to an anti-Baklunish organization.
    Also, the Knights of the March were effectively a Neheli order from the beginning. The Gran March was a Neheli fief of the Duchy of Dorlin until Tavish the Great declared it separate. When the Malagari (Darkwatch) split from them, they didn't have to be "assigned" the Neheli, they simply didn't become a national order like the Knights of the Watch did.
    I can't be sure where these came from. The GM Triad may have changed the first, but I don't see that noted in a history on their website. The KotW document notes generically that the order was formed "several" centuries ago. I was pretty sure they had it this way when we discussed it back in 2000. You'd be best off asking someone from there directly. The second I'm pretty sure is just a bit of confusion over the actual development, though it might be deliberate obfuscation.

And you might want to be explicit and note that the "subduing" of the Gran March region by the Knights of the March was effectively "ethnically cleansing" the Flan followers of Vecna that were still in the area.
    And you might want to be explicit about the Malagari having an internal purging purpose, cleaning out any Neheli that become too "involved" in unnatural magics.
    Those are sort of open secrets of the LG campaign, known only to members and those PCs that have encountered evidence of such, and so wouldn't be appropriate to that article, just like the details of the whole Linth incident mentioned. (Which is a current plot in LG Keoland.)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: