JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - MMV GOD blooded
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    MMV GOD blooded
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:26 pm  
    MMV GOD blooded

I just got the new MMV and the God Blooded template made me one excited DM. I have already created a few templates relevant for my campaigns. Istus Blooded, Tiamat Blooded, Incabulos Blooded, and Tharizdun Blooded. The special abilities that I am starting with (although not finalized) are Istus Precognizance (Su) Once per Day Creature can cast True Strike. And I’m deciding between granting +2 Caster Level to Divination Spells, or 1 luck reroll pre the Luck Domain ability.
    Tiamat Grants a breath weapon and draconic Immunities. If the creature already has them it raises damage and DC, or gives alternate breath weapon type (fire, acid, Cold, Elec)
    Incabulos was easy. Cause Disease as a spell like ability and immunity to all natural diseases
    Tharizdun grants an enervation slam attack and Disintegration as a spell like ability when the creature attains high enough HD.
    This is just quick ideas I have come up with while at work, I may need to finalize the game mechanics more.
    But my Idea is to see if we can create God Blooded Templates for most of the Greyhawk Pantheon. When I crunch up the numbers I will repost the templates.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:20 am  

I saw that when I had a flick through the copy I saw on the shelves. Looked impressive, and not the 'half-diety' schtick I was expecting.

Is MMV any good?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:47 am  

So far thumbing through it there is a lot of throw away stuff. So far I really like the God blooded, The stitched Devil and the Greenspawn Zealot. There are also a few low level Golems so you can start using them earlier in a campaign than before. There is 7 pr 8 pages on Mind Flayers, I don't like using them but I now there are some DM's who swoon for Mind Flayers. I've only really read about 1/3 of it and so far I would say it is almost worth the discounted price from Amazon.
    Site Theocrat

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:00 pm  
    NO! You Cannot!

Henraldo -
    No. No You Cannot.
    No. Just because you make a Tiamat God Blooded doesn't mean I'll allow you to use it add it to your own Depraved Tiamat worshipping Dragon Shaman character. Although I was reading the Advanced Bestiary by GRR and they describe how to add templates, create new ones and so forth - including adding multiple templates. But the answer is still NO. No you can't combine your God Blooded with the Windigo (Atlas Games' Bestiary) template.
    Be Well. Be Well Godly.
    Theocrat Issak

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:54 pm  

Actually the Tiamat blooded was for my campaign sir. Tiamat being the major villain. Hadn't thought about it for my HobGoblin in your game considering the demonic bent he was taking. I was going to use the Tiamat Blooded template to Beef up my monsters. I think I might TPK this weekend.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: