43%  [ 10 ]
    All Things Nautical
    13%
     13%  [ 3 ]
    Total Votes : 23

Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:36 pm  
    POSTFEST?

In an effort to see what is of interest here is a poll.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:16 pm  

I went for adventures, simply because I enjoy designing them.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm  

The only one of these I wouldn't give one whit about is Greyhawk four centuries later. My campaign is currently in late 582 CY, and the fact that canon has moved on as far as it has already stresses me out. 400 years down the road? Wouldn't help me in the slightest (and after all, it's all about me, right?) :)

I cast a vote for the Amedio. There have been some excellent posts on this forum on the subject, but an organized collection of essays would be awesome. It's a subject that positively oozes with potential for coolness. That said, you can't go wrong with adventure ideas, and the other topics would definitely generate some must-reads. Fire it up!
    CF Admin

Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:14 pm  
    Adventure

I also voted for Adventure. But, I wonder what kind of parameters would work to keep all of the potential submissions equal in length and scope. It may be tricky, but not impossible. Also, would we be talking full blown adventures with stat blocks for all editions (I secretly dread editing v.3.x stat blocks)? Or, an adventure outline?

As noted above, my least favorite among the choices is Greyhawk in four hundred years. I like the idea, it is just least compelling to me among those particular choices.

Happy gaming.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:48 am  

Of course everybody wants adventures!

But great googly moogly! Adventures are a lot of work!

Not just in editing the dreaded v.3e+ stat blocks(if you go the modern route that is), but the manuscript(and maps) as a whole. Adventures are HOOGE in size compared to what has gone before in previous POSTFESTS.

The two things I would rather NOT see in POSTFEST are full-on "Adventures" and "Fiction". While either of these topics are things I would like to see from others and contribute some of myself, they are in my view both just too expansive for the current POSTFEST platform. I'd rather see them as a separate offering, mainly due to the required size of the submissions.

I voted "Olman/Amedio" btw. While much has been spewed forth on the subject on various forum threads, I'd like to see some "polished" articles on the people and the area. Beyond that, I'd like to see something similar done with the Baklunish and the Flan.

But that is just me I guess.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:48 am  

When I put this poll together, I took Nellisir comment, in a related forum, that postfests should not be decided by poll but rather based on prior polls. (I understood what I just wrote.) Anyway, adventures was the plurality winner in the poll of what articles would like to be seen most in 2005. http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Surveys&op=results&pollID=93&mode=thread&order=2&thold=0

It is not my choice, however. I do not call the exact description of postfest 1, but mini-adventures fell heavily within it with some very good results. Conversion is an issue for me as I would expect most to be 3E. Setting is an issue and as there are many different areas of GH. Almost all topic can be answered with an adventure article. Adventures as a topic, IMO, does not seem to meet the spirit, as I have read it described, of a challenge to fill in an underdeveloped area. That being said, if that is what people want, if there will be sufficient contribution, why not? I think some good guidelines could be developed.

On Olman and the Amedio, I just made a post, plug, plug, plug, Celestial Quipu, http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=745&mode=thread&order=2&thold=0, which at least one reader liked, although no comments on my thinly hidden almost comedic sci-fi allusions. Well, it was kind of dry. I have been working on another Olman one, more clearly comedic, but I haven’t been able to pull it together. Maybe with a postfest I would.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed participating in the last couple of postfests and am looking forward to the next. Direction and deadline are good motivators. I would also toss out the idea that the holiday madness upon up, thinking about an article could be a distraction that helps us keep our sanity.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:50 am  

double post
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:57 pm  

I had to go with those "dirty savages" the misunderstood Olman! Wink

I would, however, be very interested in GH four centuries later, as well.

Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:04 pm  

Greyson, any ideas as to what admin's plans are for when, what, etc. for the next Postfest?
    CF Admin

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:25 am  
    Info Forthcoming

Wolfsire wrote:
    Greyson, any ideas as to what admin's plans are for when, what, etc. for the next Postfest?
    Yes, I do know what our plan is. An announcement shall be made this week regarding Postfest. I am about a week behind on Canonfire! responsibilities, but I shall get the next Postfest rolled out this week.

Mon Dec 12, 2005 7:55 am  

Thank for the update.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: