JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Scarlet Brotherhood military
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Scarlet Brotherhood military
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:38 am  
    Scarlet Brotherhood military

What is the make up of the Scarlet Brotherhood ‘s military forces-land and naval?
    Certainly not everyone born there becomes a monk.
    I was working on two trains of thought;
    A. That the employ a Mamluke style military composed of “lesser races”.
    B. That those not selected for a life in a monastery (monk) would be in some form of required military servitude. During which they would also learn a trade, molding a perfect society.
    Other thoughts would be appreciated, and deeper look at what kind of forces there may be.
    Thanks,
    Andy
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:18 am  

Perhaps someone else can chime in with specific info.

I think there is a lot of info on this subject, but I do not know it off the top of my head. I would start by looking at the Scarlet BrotherHood sourcebook/accessory. Paizo has it for $4 on pdf.

http://paizo.com/store/byCompany/w/wizardsOfTheCoast/byProductType/roleplayingGames/dungeonsDragons/aDAndD2/greyhawk/v5748btpy7mne

I would also check the search functions here at canonfire!
    Master Greytalker

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:29 am  

The easiest answer is; the Scarlet Brotherhood supplement while it has some flaws it does provide a fairly good overall guide to the organisation including the military. (especially the maps of the tilavot)

TOTH:
    1) Monks: Rulers and Administrators (too valuable to risk in combat)
    2) SB solidiers: Trained citizen fighters of "pure blood" highly motivated and well-equipped
    3) SB subcitizen "degenerates": amedio and hepmonaland suel commanded by citizen officiers given average equipment viewed as savage "shock troops"
    4) Humanoid mercenary troops: usually hobgoblins poorly equipped and viewed as canon fodder.
    5) Charmed or altered creatures are generally released as terror weapons.

Naval strength is much more vauge not just for the SB but for all the flanaess nations generally. We know the SB has an impessive home fleet and large merchant fleet of her own and with the acquisition of the Lordship and Sea Princes fleets dominate the southern seas but as far as I know no actual figures for the navy has been given to date.

Hope this helps Wink
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:20 pm  

Picked up the PDF this afternoon, it's what I was after.
    Thanks
    Andy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: