Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - RJK seeking input on Original Castle levels format
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    RJK seeking input on Original Castle levels format
    CF Admin

Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:34 pm  
    RJK seeking input on Original Castle levels format

See http://lordofthegreendragons.blogspot.com/2009/06/greyhawk-castle-levels-poll.html if you have opinions about the level/amount/type of detail that you'd like to see the Castle levels published using.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:53 pm  

Posted my input there.

Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:43 pm  

Personally, I'd like to have fully detailed rooms, with italic notes in the end that showed exactly what was present in the original drafts, so to have some additional egg lore.
    CF Admin

Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:25 am  

MToscan wrote:
    Personally, I'd like to have fully detailed rooms, with italic notes in the end that showed exactly what was present in the original drafts, so to have some additional egg lore.

Given how Bottle City was structured, I think it's likely that the original mss. pages and maps will be included in the products.

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:10 am  
    Me Too

I'm surprised to see such a post. I assume most people posting on this web site are interested in seeing what the original Castle looked like. I'd like to see it with even the parts that no one else got a chance to play because it doesn't mean that others running it wouldn't have players go there.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:54 am  

I think I would rather have original maps and notes available as a supplemental web bonus or something, rather than have space taken up in the final published product by that stuff. Typically, there are just a few notes for the DM that don't mean a lot unless you know a lot of the back story with the particular players. Maybe a few side-bars with anecdotes from the the original campaign would be fun.

I'm really excited about some of the stuff that RJK has on the horizon! I find that I am not particularly excited about some of the less fleshed-out stuff I have seen from him in the past, though. I guess I have gotten spoiled in my expectations for a bit more detail and consistency than perhaps was present in some of the original campaign material. I don't need a boxed set of back story or anything, but TOEE-level detail is lovely.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 pm  

I agree with Iron Golem on that one. Make the final printed product nicely finished and polished, and leave the original content as a web supplement pdf, bare bones and all. I imagine a pdf with scans of hand drawn maps and notes, etc. suitably tweaked graphically so as to be as legible as is possible. Some of that original matieral would have likley been written specifically with cerian quirky things in their own campaign in mind, and so it might not fit all that coherently into an adventure for everyone else's games. Still, it would be nice to see some of the behind the sccnes madness. Wink

I'd rather that the whole thing be released as one monster boxed set rather than piecemal as was the Castle Zagyg stuff. The reason for this is that the individual releases make it a hugely drawn out process which we can't be certain will ever be completed. With one big boxed set we might have to wait a while, but at least when it is is released it will be ALL of it, and a continuous campaign could then be played using it without having to wait a long time for the next part ot come out.

Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:07 am  
    CZ

You realize that with that logic, had Gary gone for one big release we never would have gotten the CZ stuff at all.
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:01 am  

Ah yes, the logic of 20/20 hindsight. Brilliant. Wink

But who's to say it would have never come out?

Christopher Tolkien. Brian Herbert.

I'd hope to add Ernie to that list in the near future. Cool

I still hope to see more Maure and CZ stuff, but I would rather not run an ongoing campaign based on either where I have to wait one year(or more) between each installment. My group might not have played all that often in our heyday, but we'd be able to finish off the average super module in less than a year, let alone a portion of one. That is the gist of my comment. If not one big chunk then just a few bigger chunks would be better in my opinion than many little bits with an extended release.

I'm still waiting for the next G.R.R. Martin book too... Cry

Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:11 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    I'm still waiting for the next G.R.R. Martin book too... Cry

Yes, but at least the fifth Chtorr book should be written by October! :D

Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:25 am  
    A Song of Ice and Fire

My cousin and I were talking about Martin last night. I believed him when he said that he had a draft of half the characters he normally writes about saved for a separate volume than what he released in "A Feast for Crows." My cousin thinks he doesn't have anything which is why it's taking so long.

I just looked at his web site http://www.georgerrmartin.com/bibliography.html and see that he's got a title that looks like he's figured out how to end the story:

A Song of Ice and Fire:
    o A Game of Thrones, Bantam Books, 1996
    o A Clash of Kings, Bantam Books, 1999
    o A Storm of Swords, Bantam Books, 2000
    o A Feast for Crows, Bantam Books, 2005
    o A Dance with Dragons, forthcoming/Bantam Books
    o The Winds of Winter, forthcoming/Bantam Books
    o A Dream of Spring, forthcoming/Bantam Books
    CF Admin

Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:32 pm  

New map sample published @ http://lordofthegreendragons.blogspot.com/2009/07/original-castle-level-sample-sub-level.html
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: