Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - City of Greyhawk & Postfest?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    City of Greyhawk & Postfest?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:49 am  
    City of Greyhawk & Postfest?

I don’t care for the City of Greyhawk. It has been detailed at least three times and each iteration is derivative of the first iteration in the City of Greyhawk Boxed Set. Maldin’s reworked map helped immensely but I still don’t care for the City of Greyhawk.

The thought struck me that the City of Greyhawk, broken down into its various wards/neighborhoods, might make for an interesting series of postfests. Rather than postfest on the City of Greyhawk generally, there would be a postfest for each ward/neighborhood.

So, for example, we might start with a postfest for the Clerksburg. Then, after the Clerksburg, do the Foreign Quarter. And so on.

The most obvious type of postfest submission for one of the wards/neighborhoods would be a business of some sort appropriate to the area. In the postfest announcement, a brief description of the area would be provided.

Alternatively, a postfest submission might describe a NPC or NPC group found in that area or operating there.

An adventure site/hook (subterranean grotto connected to the sewer, abandoned building now haunted etc.) would be another possibility.

Really anything that fit the general theme of the ward/neighborhood could work as a postfest entry.

If enough people decided to give it a go, Canonfire could have a nice addendum of material to add to what is already out there for the City of Greyhawk. IMO, the City of Greyhawk could use the help.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:25 am  

Not bad, and I had an idea kicking around about CoGH in re rehab of Gargoyle, but I'll stand up for just about any kind of postfest.

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:12 am  

My contribution to the Thieves' Quarter part, though I could revise and invent more detail on the various businesses and such.
    Forum Moderator

Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:48 am  

I could get behind this postfest. Who hasn't created their own locations within Greyhawk City at one time or another? Good idea.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: