JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Queen of the Spiders
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Queen of the Spiders
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:03 pm  
    Queen of the Spiders

I've had a group go through the Temple (u know which one). Then ran the survivors Happy through Scourge of the Slavelords. Then I figured I'd eventually pick up a copy of Queen of the Spiders (to my shame, I have never ran this adventure). Well I figured wrong. That was years ago! I cannot get my hands on a copy of this damn module (I am not forking over a $100 for this book). I might have a better shot of just getting the individual old original modules, I don't know. I hear the pdf download is cheap but the maps supposedly suck. What to do..what to do. We've moved on to other adventures with different parties (we are still saving those guys for the Q series). Any helpful advise?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:08 pm  

Actually no, the maps scans are very clear and at a good resolution. I'm very pleased with my pdf copy.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:31 pm  

My group is very near to the end of Expedition to the Demonweb Pits. It has been an alright trip so far, largely due to me changing things around quite a bit. I anticipate the finale to be pretty wicked awesome.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:14 am  

i was lucky to buy mine without map for 25 USD, so i printed the maps.

running t1-4, i notice that its a little hard to handle a big book, and that maybe individual ones would be better.

the thing is, when they put togheter to make supermodules, AFAIK, they made little changes in history to make it fit with each other.

other than that, i would prefer to buy the books, but for 100 bucks, i would liek to run them apart.

the thing is, maybe all the "thiner" ones could cost you more then the big one, no?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:15 am  

I bought all 4 of the modules in SHRINKWRAP yesterday. 3 from ebay, 1 from Hitpointe.com. The total cost was over $100. Of course, you could get them significantly cheaper if you weren't so picky about their condition.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:02 am  

There is a local bookstore here in Kansas City where I picked up about a dozen Ravenloft adventures still in the shrink wrapping. The first time I went there I spent about 140 dollars and came out with nearly everything for 2nd edition.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 am  

Our local game store was auctioned for failure to pay state sales tax!

I bought out almost all the original modules (A Series, C Series, D Series, Ex Series, G Series, I 1 & 2, L 1&2, T1, N1, WG 4, DA 2, S Series 1-4, U Series, WGA 4, X 1, Liberation of Geoff, Vecna Lives!, Doomgrinder, Starcairns, Lyzandred the Mad, Return to The Tomb of Horrors, Rod of Seven Parts, and Castle Amber. Mostly these were in shrinkwrap.

Unfortunately none of the none of the Greyhawk Adventures line, other than the adventure begins was there. ALso, the Lot came with about 400 Mithril Middle Earth Figurines and another 1,000 of the Games Workshop minis.

Total cost,$200
    Journeyman Greytalker

Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:23 pm  
    Re: Queen of the Spiders

dsdm23 wrote:
    I hear the pdf download is cheap but the maps supposedly suck. What to do..what to do. We've moved on to other adventures with different parties (we are still saving those guys for the Q series). Any helpful advise?

I was also pleased with my PDF copy (although admittedly I also have a hard copy). The maps are scanned well but some were also re-done as part of the WotC Map Gallery a little while back. Certainly all the Giant series maps were republished in colour and should be still there if you take a look through the Map Gallery archive.
    Novice

Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:36 pm  

I have a copy of Queen of Spiders and the demon webpit is very hard to undersand. Back in the day when it was broken up into six diffrent modules the demon web pits were of diffrent colors now its black and grey.
    CF Admin

Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:28 pm  

chaoticprime wrote:
    There is a local bookstore here in Kansas City where I picked up about a dozen Ravenloft adventures still in the shrink wrapping. The first time I went there I spent about 140 dollars and came out with nearly everything for 2nd edition.

Monte's or somewhere else, chaoticprime? :D
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: