ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Bright Desert Living Greyhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Bright Desert Living Greyhawk
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:25 pm  
    Bright Desert Living Greyhawk

Heya everyone,

My weekly greyhawk game has taken a turn for the Bright Desert. One of the characters (A Kobold Dragonfire Adept) has in his backstory that he comes from the Bright Desert and while I have the sourcebook for it from Living Greyhawk I Do know there was several adventures set in it and was wondering if anyone might know:

1)If the information in those adventures would be of use.

2) how to get them so I can use the material there in to create some adventures keyed towards the Player's character.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 am  
    Re: Bright Desert Living Greyhawk

Jyg wrote:
    Heya everyone,

My weekly greyhawk game has taken a turn for the Bright Desert. One of the characters (A Kobold Dragonfire Adept) has in his backstory that he comes from the Bright Desert and while I have the sourcebook for it from Living Greyhawk I Do know there was several adventures set in it and was wondering if anyone might know:

1)If the information in those adventures would be of use.

2) how to get them so I can use the material there in to create some adventures keyed towards the Player's character.

Email Former LG Circle Member Creighton Broadhurst. He handled the Bright Desert stuff for LG. He may be able to help. Creighton@greyworks.co.uk

Casey
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:42 am  

Having used a number of the Bright Desert mods in my own campaign, I do believe you'll find them most helpful. A number of them contain information on adventuring sites, peoples of the desert, and the activities of the various entities at work there.

As far as availability, they're all readily available on the Internet for those who know the proper way to mount a parrot on their shoulders.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:22 pm  

"As far as availability, they're all readily available on the Internet for those who know the proper way to mount a parrot on their shoulders."

@ bubbagump!

Here's a personal message from my girlfriend to you:

PLEASE, do NEVER again post such funny answers on CF, because my boyfriend laughed over 3 minutes without pause after reading that and his head went steamy red. During the whole time he wasn't able to tell me WHAT had happened to him or respond to any questions. I do NOT want to experience this again!

End of personal message.

That's her point of view... but I hope you can make me laugh again soon!

Cheers

Nenad
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:27 pm  

Thanks to you, Falco, I now consider myself a success. Tell your girlfriend there's more on the way. Wink
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:14 pm  

Thank you for the Email Address, I've sent one and now cross my fingers.

Bubbagump; I have shoulder mounted a parrot or two in my time but have thus far been unable to find this particular booty though I am still on the hunt as it were. Apparently this is the wrong season to be seeking seeds as it were Happy

Gads I've only posted 8 times in 7 years...
    Master Greytalker

Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:53 pm  

Huh? Wha? Did I say that?....

Nah, it couldn't have been me. Say it ain't so!

Last edited by bubbagump on Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:27 am; edited 1 time in total
    Master Greytalker

Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:43 am  

I searched online for old mods as I'm doing a 3e gazeteer and wanted as much info as I could muster but I found that that the stuff I downloaded was incomplete, particularly missing interactive modules that were available to play only at conventions - and a lot of those were the coolest, meatiest adventures with the most important plot points! Other modules do refer to the events though.

Overall I've found that the modules help with npc names, ideas, and local information. I've stitched together a ton of information on Niole Dra and Gradsul just by adding entries whenever a location is mentioned in a module.

Since I'm now playing 4e, I can use ideas from LG as a backdrop for 4e adventures because I need to convert any monsters or traps or npcs in any event. There are a few gems but most of it serves as fluff background as the players travel through a particular nation.

Downside is it takes about 2+ years to wade through the information and I haven't even finished my first nation (Keoland) yet!
    Journeyman Greytalker

Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:47 am  

Just last week I was re-reading Dungeon Magazine #30 and found an adventure set in the Bright Desert. It's quite mediocre but maybe you could use it, the name is "Ghazal".
    Master Greytalker

Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:33 am  

We played that in 2e and it was awesome fun. I used it as an epilogue to the Falcon trilogy - she escaped into the desert and they had to pursue her. I also linked it in with an adventure featuring Yuan'ti called Serpents of the Sands. They never did defeat Ythsehta. She's still out there somewhere...
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:51 pm  

I wanted to thank everyone for their input and aid in this.
    GreySage

Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:19 pm  

Jyg wrote:
    Gads I've only posted 8 times in 7 years...

By all means, please post more often. We enjoy and appreciate your participation Jyg. Cool

Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:30 pm  

I guess the main reason I don't post much (other than I'm just not one to post on forums much at all) is I tend to build my own worlds for my campaigns. Don't get me wrong I love Greyhawk. It's Greyhawk that is directly responsible for the creation of my first world.

I started DMing using modules like T1, The A series, the G series however I didn't have the greyhawk world map or anything so as the party leveled I needed regional maps so I just drew them, adding free cities, humanoid infested peninsulas, etc... The world of Havok was the result.

I was lucky enough to have found Gary Gygax's email address on some site and emailed him with a more rambling version of the above paragraph and thanked him for all the years of fun he gave me. While I didn't expect anything of it he responded and we emailed off and on over the years.

I think that for many reasons, such as Greyhawk being just cool as hell that I always come back to this site to read what everyone does. I should contribute if only to give back to the hobby that has been mine for 30 years. It's a bit late for resolutions but since I never made one this year I will make this mine; to contribute.
    GreySage

Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:21 pm  

Jyg wrote:
    I guess the main reason I don't post much . . . is I tend to build my own worlds for my campaigns. Don't get me wrong I love Greyhawk . . . I should contribute if only to give back to the hobby that has been mine for 30 years. It's a bit late for resolutions but since I never made one this year I will make this mine; to contribute.

Without ideas, we stagnate. We need everyone's contributions and yours would be much appreciated. We all look forward to your future contributions and continued participation Jyg.

And thanks very much for your new year's resolution. Happy
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: