Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk Campaign March 08' Player Character Portraits
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Greyhawk Campaign March 08' Player Character Portraits
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:34 pm  
    Greyhawk Campaign March 08' Player Character Portraits

I meant to scan and send these awhile ago, but here they now are. These are some of the PC's from my March 08' Greyhawk campaign as drawn by my friend Damascus Mincemeyer (the same guy who is doing the concept art for The Demon Queen of the North miniature).

Rasto Nirja, Suel Cleric of Bralm

Cairag Turbrand, Flan Amethyst Dragon Disciple (Force Breath Munchkin)

Blade, Oerid Thief of Greyhawk

Thalius Vanguard, Oerid Fighter Sorcerer

Conchenn Aoris, Suel Cleric of Berei

Hope you like em!

I think Damascus may take commissions, I will have to ask, he does not have the internet and lives in a house in the middle of the woods in southern Missouri. If you really want him to do something like this, I can probably get him to do one for $20 or so, but he takes awhile to get things done, haha.

Still, good stuff.

Please feel free to use any of these as you want. If you for some reason want to use one in published content, just credit Damascus Mincemeyer 2008 at the artist.
    Master Greytalker

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:22 am  

Nice. It's the 20th anniversary of my campaign this year and I'd quite like to have a proper painting of our pc's done. The thing that's put me off so far is the absence of the WotC Character Visualiser. I want the players to show me what their pcs look like in their heads rather than me get a painting what they look like in mine.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:15 am  

We just found pics on the internet, printed them out, and mailed them to him labeled appropriately. I was thinking about having a cool group shot done and colored and printed out at Kinko's on canvas.
    Forum Moderator

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:46 pm  

Chaotic, your friend Damascus has a clean style plus a very good attention to detail. My fave is the Bralm one, but a Berei priestess is quite surprising too. Kudos! Duicarthan, Cebrion or Icarus: I would see if he'd be interested in doing more art for canonfire or oerth journal.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:31 pm  

You can write to him at

(Address available by request)

You may want to mention you are friends with Wes. He would be thrilled by the attention.

(Sorry CP, I'm pretty sure posting addresses of other people should be kept off the forum. At any rate, If anyone would like it to contact the artist, ask chaoticprime in a Private Message. -mortellan)
    Master Greytalker

Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 pm  
    Damascus' artwork and new artists

mortellan wrote:
    Chaotic, your friend Damascus has a clean style plus a very good attention to detail. My fave is the Bralm one, but a Berei priestess is quite surprising too. Kudos! Duicarthan, Cebrion or Icarus: I would see if he'd be interested in doing more art for canonfire or oerth journal.

I couldn't agree more!! Mortellan, you're absolutely right in your assesment of Damascus' artwork. If fact, I would go so far as to say that some of this work resembles early Larry Elmore sketches.

On a similar note, I want to say something about artwork for Canonfire. For the past ... while ... Gary Holian (our webmaster) has been putting together new software for the website that will include a new gallery. As Art Director for Canonfire, it falls to me to find artists all of skill levels to contribute to the Gallery. I would love to hear from artists - or friends of artists that want to nominate someone - that would like to share their work with other fans. I fully intend to get in touch with Chaotic Prime's friend here, and I would like to do the same with others to put more and more fan art up on Canonfire.

The art doesn't have to be the same as Damascus', or mine, or Mortellan's ... it could be miniatures, adventure maps, costume designs, photos of real life places ... it could be stick figures, paintings, chalk drawings ... anything of any skill level. Even if it's just to inspire other artists to do new art and for other fans to get ideas from.

I intend to make a call in the forums soon for all of the fans to start contributing so that we can start putting up the Gallery ... the more work we have, the sooner we get it all up!!

So, here's to looking forward to a great deal of great ideas!
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Master Greytalker

Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:44 pm  
    Re: Damascus' artwork and new artists

Icarus wrote:
    On a similar note, I want to say something about artwork for Canonfire...

So...how do you feel about Greyhawk p*rn?

Ya think we could get Eclavdra to do a spread for Playelf?
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm  

For twenty bucks I bet you could get one.
    Master Greytalker

Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:13 pm  

These are great drawings, both for themselves and as Greyhawk specific.

I like them all but would add two comments:
    I''m not sure someone should be wielding a scythe and carrying a shield at the same time, even if they are a priestess of Berei.

I'd like to see a priest of Bralm in armor made from giant insect exoskeleton.
    My campaigns are multilayered tapestries upon which I texture themes and subject matter which, quite frankly, would simply be too strong for your hobbyist gamer.&nbsp; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mp7Ikko8SI
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:38 am  

Kirt wrote:
    These are great drawings, both for themselves and as Greyhawk specific.

I like them all but would add two comments:
    I''m not sure someone should be wielding a scythe and carrying a shield at the same time, even if they are a priestess of Berei.

I'd like to see a priest of Bralm in armor made from giant insect exoskeleton.

She actually never used both at once. I ran through Barrow of the Forgotten King, The Sinister Spire, and Fortress of the Yuan Ti in order and in each of them you get a legacy item, each of which is pictured in these drawings. She got the shield, because the Bralm cleric did not join until much later.

So, there you go.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: