ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Searchable Greyhawk Timeline
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Searchable Greyhawk Timeline
    Adept Greytalker

Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:02 pm  
    Searchable Greyhawk Timeline

Greyhawk Fans,

I have completed programming the BETA version of the Greyhawk Timeline search engine. It is in the form of a macro-enabled Excel Worksheet in the downloads section HERE under the heading of “Searchable Timeline of Greyhawk”. It comes with documentation on conducting a search, and a list of which products are currently loaded, which remain to be loaded. Currently, the original folio, the Greyhawk Wars book, and up to Dragon 65 or so have been loaded. Please take some time to:

* Read the documentation and see if it makes sense (I happily accept edits/suggestions/critiques).

* Take the search engine for a test, and see how it performs for you. Let me know what you would like to be able to do with it, and if there are any problems. Just remember, there is a limited amount of information in the database so far.

Finally, look at the list of products that have been incorporated, and the vast number that have not been, and contact me if you can take some time to work on just one or two. I would greatly appreciate all the help, as even with the programming finished, I still need help loading all of the data. Dark Lord Galen and manus-nigrum have been working steadily on From the Ashes and the Gold Box and I expect to be able to load that data soon, but we need more help than that to make this project really work.

Thanks for all of your help and comments.

Tarelton
    CF Admin

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 pm  

Looks interesting, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:07 pm  

I downloaded the files tarelton but haven't had time to play with it. When I first opened it I had some issues, I think my version of Word/Excel might be a bit out of date (2003?) Doh!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: