Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Touv in northern Hepmonaland and points north?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Touv in northern Hepmonaland and points north?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:33 am  
    Touv in northern Hepmonaland and points north?

I've previously used Dullstrand as a place of origin for PCs, and thought I might do so again. Incidentally ot that, I found this:

http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/index.php?title=Lordship_of_the_Isles

Nearly a thousand years ago, Suel migrants sailed to the Duxchan Islands, conquering the Olman, and Touv who already occupied the isles.

My understanding from Scarlet Brotherhood was that the Ollman originated in Hepmonaland and migrated from there to the Ollman Isles and the Amedio, and that the Touv sometimes traveled to the Amedio (where they ran into the Suel Imperium, or did teh Suel try to invade the Touv), but they never really got to the northern part of Hepmonaland.

What gives?
    GreySage

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:23 pm  

Living Greyhawk Gazetteer, pages 70-71: "Olman and darker-skinned natives of Hepmonaland live in abundant numbers here, but these people are treated as baseborn and often enslaved, working the plantations for the unscrupulous rich gentry."

As for how they got there, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to have colonized it in ancient times. It's also possible they were brought there by Suel and Oeridian slave-traders.
    Forum Moderator

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:41 pm  

I think the current climate of northern Hepmonaland with the SB spreading out into the jungles and the evils of things like Yuan Ti have kept the Touv safely southward in their grasslands for a long time. As suggested there is nothing to say things weren't more open back in ancient times. I believe the Touv still have a couple coastal cities that may lead to present day trade with Suel sailors, so a place like Dullstrand or the Lordship is definitely the best place to find the Touv.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 am  

mortellan wrote:
    I think the current climate of northern Hepmonaland with the SB spreading out into the jungles and the evils of things like Yuan Ti have kept the Touv safely southward in their grasslands for a long time. As suggested there is nothing to say things weren't more open back in ancient times. I believe the Touv still have a couple coastal cities that may lead to present day trade with Suel sailors, so a place like Dullstrand or the Lordship is definitely the best place to find the Touv.

-No argument.

rasgon wrote:

...As for how they got there, I don't think it's unreasonable for them to have colonized it in ancient times. It's also possible they were brought there by Suel and Oeridian slave-traders.

-I was sort of going with the second interpretation as with the Sea Princes, and that it was relatively recent (as of CY 591) with the Touv. It means there wouldn't have been very many Touv of the Darlene map in ther CY 578 time frame, even as recently arrived slaves. But if a colony or two of Touv made it further north, that would allow a Touv character to be a native of the area rather than a recently enslaved arrival without having to contrive anything.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: