JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Night Below: an Underdark Campaign
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Night Below: an Underdark Campaign
    Journeyman Greytalker

Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:40 pm  
    Night Below: an Underdark Campaign

I was wondering if anyone has played or DMd Carl Sargent's Night Below: an Underdark Campaign? I know it's not specifically for Greyhawk, but considering it's design and Sargent's experience with Greyhawk I think it easily fits. I'd be interested in hearing how the adventure played out and any tips for running it. [/i]
    GreySage

Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:11 am  

I read through it and found it interesting, but have never experienced it as a DM or player.

SirXaris

Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm  

While Night Below has notes for using it in Mystara and the Forgotten Realms, it was written specifically with Greyhawk in mind (which is why, for example, Tharizdun is mentioned in it).

Various maps include the locations from this adventure in the Yeomanry. Here's Anna's map; you can see Milborne just north of the Tors. The Shrieken Mire is part of the Hool Marshes.

Here's an excerpt from the map Rich Oliver made for the Living Greyhawk Yeomanry triad:

Maldin's Underdark map even shows how the underground parts fit into Greyhawk's larger Underdark setting (here's the key).
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:50 pm  

Thanks Rasgon! I can't seem to get the links you posted to open up, but I'll keep trying.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:53 pm  

I think we can safely call NB an official Greyhawk adventure after its inclusion in Living Greyhawk.

While it's since been placed in the Yeomanry, someone on the old Greyhawk listservs posted extensive parallels between Harnshire and the Domain of Greyhawk in Sargent's Campaign Book. I don't have my notes at hand, but both have a similar Swanmay in the area, villagers making pickled eel jelly, etc. Obviously, NB is supposed to take place in a remote location far from anything exciting, but Sargent may have been intended something surprisingly close to Greyhawk.
    GreySage

Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:11 am  

I don't know anything about the campaign setting you are mentioning, but I will advise that you get your hands on The Dungeoneer's Survival Guide if you can because it offers great insight and information about running a subterranean campaign about things most of us wouldn't even consider.

-Lanthorn
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: