JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - lesser-known archfiends
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    lesser-known archfiends
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:15 am  
    lesser-known archfiends

hi, i'm reposting this topic from enworld and nothingland, as suggested. :)

this is a future project for the creature catalog. i know that people have been itching to have me get to these... and i want to give them what they want.

the BoVD and ToH have already covered all of the better-known archfiends, from the 1E MM and MM2. i'm looking to hit up the lesser known ones that have thus far been dealt with little or at all.

so, have a look at all your 1E & 2E notes for all the unique demon(tanar'ri) and devil(baatezu) lords you can find. (i'll cover the lords of other races at a later time.) i don't mean "this specific pitfiend" (unless, of course, it has special powers and such that others of its kind don't have) but rather guys of orcus or dispater's stature, or lesser lords.

here is a list of what i have so far; see what you can add to it.

Already in the Creature Catalog (in 3.0), we have:
    Demon (Miska the Wolf-Spider)
    Demon (Queen of Chaos)
    Demon Lord (Zuggtmoy)
    Devil (Duke Alastor)
    Devil (Duke Baalberith)
    Devil (Duke Baalzephon)
    Devil (Duke Caarcrinolaas)
    Devil (Duke Focalor)
    Devil (Duke Melchon)
    Devil (Duke Zimmimar)
    Devil (Princess of Hell- Baalphegor)
    Devil (Princess of Hell- Glasya)
    Devil: Selm (Prince of the Possessors)

Besides that there are, for starters:
    Bitru (a Gygax devil lord from Dragon 75 that never made it into the MM2)
    Amduscias, Malphas, Nergal, Bist, Caim, Lilis, Arioch, Biffant, Merodach, Alocer, Naome, Chamo, Balan, Bathym, Gaziel, Cozbi, Gorson, Herodias, Agares, Machalas, (from Dragon 75, by Ed Greenwood)
    Lilith, Tartach, Bileth, Baftis, Neabaz, Barbatos, Abigor, Zepar, Bele, Adonides, Barbas, Bifrons, Bensozia, Adramalech, Phongor, Buer, Bune, Morax, Rimmon, Zagum (from Dragon 76, by Ed Greenwood)
    Armaros, Azazel, Cahor, Dagon, Duskur, Kochibel, Malarea, Nisroch, Rumjal, Gargoth (From Dragon 91, by Ed Greenwood – although Gargoth appeared in the 2nd edition as Gargauth, a demigod)

Eltab (Spellbound boxed set)

i remember a couple of other lords from Forgotten Realms products, but not sure where... Camazotz, i think, and i could swear there was a spider an/or snake one...
    Adept Greytalker

Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:56 pm  

you seem to already have a lot of devils there, so I will focus on demons and Daemons from 1e.

the following powerful unique Daemons are mentioned in the MM2 (1e) but now stats are given:

Bubonis, Cholerix, Typhus and Diptherius... it would appear that most "Daemon lords" are named after diseases, Anthaxus the Oinodaemon would seem to follow this trend (the stats of Anthraxus and Charon are given).

the following demon lords and princes are listed in the MM2 (1e) although no stats are given:

Abraxus, Ahuzu, Ahrimanes, Aldinach, Alrunes, Anarazel, Ansitif, Ardat, Areex, Aseroth, Asima, Astaroth, Azeal, Azazel, Barbu, Bayemon, Bechard, Baltazo, Cabiri, charun (note the difference in spelling from Charon, a daemon lord, above), Dagon, Eblis, Ereshkigal, Gresil, Laraie, Lolth (her stats appear in the 1e fiend folio, D3 vault of the drow, and Q1 Queen of the Demonweb Pits) Mastiphal, Munkir, Nekir, Nergel, Nocticula, Obox-ob, Socothbenoth, Soneilon, Verin, Zuggtmoy (her stats appear in the 1e Temple of Elemental Evil)
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 25, 2004 9:44 am  

ah yes, i do have those names but not on the list... of course, with no stats or other real information to work from, it is up to the DM to write that all out himself. ;)

but as to the daemon lords, i do remember someone finally statting out a number of them in a 2E Dragon mag annual. did i not list them above? ah, silly me. ;)

any more, anyone?
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:02 am  

I'm running the original Temple of Elemental Evil but with 3.5ed rules and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find 3.5 ed stats for Zuggtmoy? I'm trying to save myself the headache of doing it myself!

Also - your list of demons and archfiends could include Lolth if you're playing in pre-Greyhawk Wars Flannaess and at this point she is referred to as the Demon Queen of Spiders.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:58 am  

Here`s a link to a writeup on dicefreaks:
    http://community.dicefreaks.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=1895
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Dec 21, 2004 4:19 pm  
    Stats for monster "The Hordling"

I do not have the orginal MM2 so I was wondering if anyone can give me stats, 1e or 3.5e on the Hordling of Hades? Happy It would be most appreciated.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:04 am  

No, Sorry... not only would it be technically illegal (to give you the 1e stats at any rate) but it would be incredibly difficult as there are are about a dozen different random tables to roll on that determine everything from the size and shape of its mouth, to what sort of back it has... I am not sure of any 3.5 conversions of the hordling... but if there are any by WotC they are probably off limits as well... try Creature Catalogue on Enworld as your best bet for a converted Hordling.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: