JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Questions
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Questions
    Master Greytalker

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:40 am  
    Questions

As various threads progress, there are often questions which must be looked up. Inevitably something like.."I have to go home after work and look this up in the PHB," or some such, is posted.

Though this is a setting related site, a link to the Revised System Reference Document would seem to make sense, somewhere hereabouts. The Link is

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:00 am  
    An if that fires your Canon...

Fellers,

Here is a really well done HTML version available online or for download:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/index.htm?35.htm

FL

Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:21 am  
    Re: An if that fires your Canon...

Fairylover wrote:
    Here is a really well done HTML version available online or for download:

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/index.htm?35.htm

After endless "How much does a Chain Shirt weigh?" IMs, I told my players that all questions regarding the PHB would be answered with a link to the Sovelior/Sage SRD from the above link. It's a well-organized structure, but it and all SRD files seem to be missing the XP/Level chart.

Telas
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:46 am  

The SRD (System Reference Document) consists of all of the OGC (Open Gaming Content) from various 3e/3.5e D&D books WotC has published. This is the material that D20 publishers can use in their products, under the Open Gaming License.

Various things, like the "fluff" descriptive text from the books, and the Character generation method and the instructions for how to apply experience points (and "level up") are not released as OGC, so are therefore not included in the SRD.

It's not an oversight, the exclusion of XP Tables is intentional. It would be a violation of WotC's copyrights to distribute those tables via the internet. Typing it up to hand to your offline players should be ok, just don't post it around forums and such.

Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:36 am  

Thanks, I was wondering if that was the case.

Since everyone in my game does own a PHB (or dates someone at the table who does), they can look it up if they have access to it.

It's the IMs from work, Seattle's Best (better coffee AND a free hotspot), or whatever that I was getting. Just wanted to clear that up; we're not freeloading.

Thanks again,

Telas
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: