JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Postfest II: 'Hawk'n Holidays
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Postfest II: 'Hawk'n Holidays
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Aug 12, 2005 8:34 am  
    Postfest II: 'Hawk'n Holidays

I opened this forum for discussion of Postfest II, and to provide another rout to find them. Some discussion has been going on under the Postfest II Updates forum, but that is a little off topic.

Find 'em here:

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=21
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:07 am  

GVD, I finished reading all your Greyhawk Holidays, and I have to say that it is an unprecedented contribution to Greyhawk culture and you should be awarded the title of Postfest winner. The worst I can say about any of them is that a few are ho-hum, like Feast of the Gods, but still have a rightful place in the compilation. Other, like the Burning Bartle and Crabapple Fairs are very funny. Every one of them is a useful background if not a springboard for adventure.

I do have a few specifics to reference. Is there some reason you did not mention the Hold of the Sea Princes in Admiral’s Day? I could see it not taking hold as every day there could be Admiral’s Day.

Beating the Bounds not celebrated in Keoland because of the Star Chamber? That threw me for a loop. I would like love to see that developed further.
    CF Admin

Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:49 pm  
    Knighthood of the Old Green

My personal favorite was Knighthood of the Old Green. As an active Living Greyhawk judge and player, and living in the Nyrond region, that submission earned a special place in my heart.

I do like the idea of a Greyhawk calendar with these and other known holidays on it. Even if its not an interactive calendar, at least something that has the holidays typed into their respective dates would be cool.

Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:51 pm  

Knighthood of the Old Green-- This explains why those old farts call the young turks, "whipper snappers". I loved that one too.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:09 pm  

Wolfsire wrote:
    Is there some reason you did not mention the Hold of the Sea Princes in Admiral’s Day? I could see it not taking hold as every day there could be Admiral’s Day.

Beating the Bounds not celebrated in Keoland because of the Star Chamber? That threw me for a loop. I would like love to see that developed further.

Thank you for your comments. Smile

The Hold is too chaotic, IMO, and I see Admiral's Day as more a product of an ordered society that wishes to celebrate its naval traditions. You could certainly modify that thought, however, and have Admiral's Day celebrated.

The Star Chamber of Keoland will be (theoretically) discussed in my often postponed article on astrology in the Flanaess.

Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:19 pm  

Looking forward to it.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: