JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Steel (greyhawk) dragon
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Steel (greyhawk) dragon
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:04 am  
    Steel (greyhawk) dragon

The Steel (AKA greyhawk) dragon is the current monster for the Monster Meyhem article on WotC's website. just thouhgt I would mention it incase anybody was looking for 3-3.5 edition stats for one.

Wes
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:05 pm  

Thanks for the heads-up wes. I looked at the article and it's very good. I would still like to find a list of "official" Greyhawk dragons (names, lairs, etc.). Is there any reference that detail specific dragons?
    -wn

Mon Mar 29, 2004 3:09 pm  

There a re various references to indvidual greyhawk dragons (such as Astella sharnfenel (sp?) from the city of greyhawk boxed set). but I know of no unified list or anything.
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:45 pm  

WightNight wrote:
    Thanks for the heads-up wes. I looked at the article and it's very good. I would still like to find a list of "official" Greyhawk dragons (names, lairs, etc.). Is there any reference that detail specific dragons?
    -wn

Most prominently, there is Hautna Masq, Theodain (of the Circle of 8) Eriason's cohort/body double. Theo and Hautna have residences in Loftwick (in the Yeomanry) as well as in the City of Greyhawk itself.

In addition, the Greyhawk City boxed set (and, iirc, The Adventure Begins sourcebook) details one or two other Greyhawk Dragons that live in the city at least part of the time. I don't have either resource handy to look up the details though.

For the "officially Greyhawk" version of the GH/Steel dragon for 3e D&D, refer to Living Greyhawk Journal issue 1. Sean Reynolds updated the GH Dragon in that installment of his Enchiridion of the Fiend Sage series, along with the Xvarts and Sons of Kyuss. For that reason, I'd also suggest visiting his official forums (http://pub17.ezboard.com/fseankreynoldsboardsfrm2) if you have any questions for him about his conversion or his ideas about the creatures in the post wars flanaess.

Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:53 pm  

Thanks for the help, Wes and Rich. I'll check out those resources when I get the chance.

That makes me feel better though, knowing that Greyhawk dragons are rare or haven't been detailed in too many places. That means I can add one of my own, and not worry about spoiling any cannon. Happy
    -wn

Fri Apr 09, 2004 1:23 pm  

WightNight wrote:
    -wn

There is also a Greyhawk dragon in the Crystalmists named Schemley, mentioned in WGR3 Rary the Traitor (p. 23).
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: