Canonfire :: View topic - The Antipodes of Oerth or Designing Anakeri
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    The Antipodes of Oerth or Designing Anakeri [ Previous  1, 2, 3]
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:43 am  

Welcome to Canonfire BlueWitch. Happy
    Master Greytalker

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:05 pm  

Yes, welcome, and thanks for reviving a great thread.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:19 pm  

Nice to get such a cheery welcome. I've recently "returned" to Oerth after many years away on other worlds and planes.

A few months ago I was looking through my Dragon magazines and came across the Beyond The Flanaess map in the Dragon Annual 1. This rekindled my interest in what I think of as the most "quintessential" D&D setting there is. Consequently, I began looking online for more information anyone might have about the lands west of the Flanaess, and ultimately to here.

I have only had the chance to look at a few things available here, but I'm sure I'll find at least a few things I'll be able to use in my game. And hopefully I'll be able to post something at least a frew of you will find useful as well.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:14 am  

BlueWitch wrote:
    Woesinger wrote:

If you look at Anakeris in terms of latitudes, it ranges from roughly 10 S to well nigh 70-80 S.

10 degrees south latitude? Did you get this from some map I'm unaware of? The only map I've seen showing Anakeris and latitude lines shows the northern shore reaching to 35 degrees south, and the southern end I believe was in the 70 to 80 degrees south range you mentioned.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but if there's a map showing the continent extending all the way up to 10 degrees south, I'd like to see that.

I believe I was looking at a map of the Oerth drawn up by Pluffet Smedger (Gary Holian, of this parish). There is another map showing an incomplete Anakeris:

http://www.peldor.com/world/oerthlarge.gif

Which may be the one you're referring to?

P.
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:08 pm  

Woesinger wrote:

I believe I was looking at a map of the Oerth drawn up by Pluffet Smedger (Gary Holian, of this parish). There is another map showing an incomplete Anakeris:

P.

Yes. That is exactly the map I was referring to. Is there a link to the map you were talking about, that shows Anakeris reaching up to 10 south?
    Master Greytalker

Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:44 am  

BlueWitch wrote:
    Woesinger wrote:

P.

Yes. That is exactly the map I was referring to. Is there a link to the map you were talking about, that shows Anakeris reaching up to 10 south?

Not immediately to hand, no. Rasgon's used it here on some of the threads on the Oerth outside the Flanaess. If possible, I'll dig it out from my files and paste it up here.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    [ Previous  1, 2, 3]
    Page 3 of 3

Jump to: