Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Requesting Greyhawk Submissions For My Blog!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Requesting Greyhawk Submissions For My Blog!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:31 pm  
    Requesting Greyhawk Submissions For My Blog!

Hey all,

I run RPG Blog II, and as a Greyhawk fan I want to do my part to keep the setting, living, growing, and getting introduced to a new generation of fans. As such, I'm going to try to make every Thursday or Friday Greyhawk Day:

I'm working on adding some old school goodness to my blog: I'd like to make every Thursday or Friday a Greyhawk Day. Yup, links, articles, art, and fan-submitted goodness (all attributed) to celebrate ans help keep alive one of our most beloved settings (and to pointedly remind those crazy rascals at WotC next time they write something about the "first campaign settings").

So if you've got a good link, have an article you've written, a great story from your Greyhawk campaign, incredible insight on the Egg of Coot, fan art, or have an old map you drew while explore Castle Greyhawk itself, that's the sort of stuff that's wanted.

I have only around 200-300 regular readers (a bit more for reviews and the like and certain articules), but I'd love to display to the audience I have and hope to have some of the best in Greyhawk lore. If you're interested, please drop me a line at mail.rpgblog(at)gmail.com, and we'll make sure any participants get full credit and recognition. Thanks so much for your help, and game on!
    Forum Moderator

Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:01 pm  

Pretty cool blog. An Ennie judge too eh? Very neat. I hope we can provide some content for your Greyhawk spotlights. Kudos Zachary.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:30 am  

Yep, this'll be my 2nd (and final year) as a judge. Alas, no Greyhawk products on the horizon. Confused Smile

Thanks to all! I'm looking forward to hearing from you and getting some Greyhawk love out there!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:30 pm  

Hey all, thanks for those who've emailed with links, articles, and media thus far! Please, keep it up! I'll be doing a Greyhawk feature every Friday on my blog! Let's celebrate some more Greyhawk! :)
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:37 am  

Another GH blog I had no idea existed! Good stuff! The other blog is discussed at - http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3342

Seems GH blogging is the new fashion. Three points:

1) GH blogs are a great idea;

2) Canonfire, however, still needs to be supported with both topical submissions and forum activity;

3) I think having GH bloggers post here at CF that they have updates to their blogs is a good idea, at least until CF might offer a "directory" of GH blogs - THAT would be a VERY COOL idea, IMO.

PS - And yet another GH blog referenced here too - http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3330

Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:17 pm  

I'm really happy to see all the Greyhawk blogs, and wanted to thank all the submissions I've had for RPG Blog II's Greyhawk Day. Thanks, and please keep it up.

(I do agree CF is still Greyhawk Ground Zero, so to speak. My Greyhawk Day is just a fun diversion to get a setting I love a little more play).
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 am  

By the way, I'd like to do a couple articles either outlining a Greyhawk adventure locale and/or provide some Greyhawk background, along with plot hooks. Greyhawk Day is getting a nice amount of hits (though I wish there were more comments), and if anyone has an article they'd allow to be re-posted (and fully credited), I'd love to have it.

I have a few articles ready to go, but am always looking for more. Happy
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: