ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Haradaragh
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    Haradaragh
    Forum Moderator

Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:52 am  
    Haradaragh

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=948

Rasgon's article on the lost Flan holy city of Haradaragh is a delightfully insightful addition to anyone's Flan history and it has some epic elements a DM can utilize such as rumors of the Throne of the Gods, the Axe of Maglubiyet and a legend that the Tarrasque attacked the city once.

Kudos!
    Master Greytalker

Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:17 pm  

I was intrigued by your article... it plays so well with most of my own created history for the region. I dont have access to Dragons you cited, though I have been looking for the consolidated disks. Can you give us a 3 to 5 sentence overviews of these articles?
    GreySage

Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:13 am  

The earlier one (which I listed twice, I think, whoops) was an article on a new demihuman race called the Winged Folk, or Al Kalak Elam, who resembled half-elves with wings. A history is given for them, including the ancient city-state of Erlacor, the High King and his invading armies, the treacherous human king of Erlacor, and their subsequent retreat. It wasn't set in any particular world, but the time period, 2000 years ago, fit with the rise of Vecna according to articles by Samwise and TwiceBorn.

These creatures were revised somewhat in the 2nd edition Complete Book of Elves to become the avariel, who are more like hollow-boned winged grey elves. We know they're the same creatures, because the author said so (and the name Al Kalak Elam was used for them again in Planes of Conflict). The second Dragon article describes an avariel city that I thought was suited for the Lortmils (being near both the Duchy of Ulek and Celene).

There should be more on both in an upcoming article that I submitted at the same time as Haradaragh; neither is particularly important to the Haradaragh article, but I tried to tie the two articles together, as the Lortmils and nearby ancient Flan nations are important to them both.

And thanks, both of you, for your kind words.
    Adept Greytalker

Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:33 pm  

Ok, who else thought of an U.F.O. when reading about Harad's vision ?
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: