ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Ruins of mistmarsh map of OJ#11
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Oerth Journal
    Ruins of mistmarsh map of OJ#11
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:26 pm  
    Ruins of mistmarsh map of OJ#11

Hello Greyhawk fans,

In a few weeks time I will run the ruins of mistmarsh adventure from the Oerth Journal # 11. As there is no map in the issue I searched the net to see whether there is a map available (I have the small map from "the adventure begins" but not the map described in the adventure). I found a comment from the author that he posted the map as zip-file on his website but when I visited his website most buttons didn't work.

Do any of you have this file or the map in another format and could you sent it to me or post it somewhere I can reach. I would be ever so gratefull (the idea that it is on the net but I can't reach it is really maddening).

Thanks Arjen
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:52 am  

Hey Arjen - I just checked my files and didn't find any maps for OJ11, so I didn't have one at that time. I'm not sure why I didn't request or make one (I did find several versions of the Table of Contents implying that adventure was a late addition to the OJ); it certainly seems like a reasonable inclusion. Sorry about that.

Cheers
    Nell.
    Former editor of the Oerth Journal
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:24 am  
    Found them

Hello Nel,

Thanks for checking. The good news is that I found myself just lately on the website of Sean Williams, the autor of the adventure: http://www.geocities.com/ket_onwall98/

The maps can be found in the download section.

Also thanks to Sean Williams for this nice Wink adventure, I'm my players will like it.

Arjen
    Novice

Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:20 pm  

With respect to OJ maps, I just looked through the pdf of OJ #9 and the McKillop/Rhodes map of the Verbobonc region isn't included. It used to be on several websites - but they're all discontinued. I may have it on another PC - I'll check.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:52 pm  

awiest wrote:
    With respect to OJ maps, I just looked through the pdf of OJ #9 and the McKillop/Rhodes map of the Verbobonc region isn't included. It used to be on several websites - but they're all discontinued. I may have it on another PC - I'll check.

That's odd. I have it on page 12 of my master version, at the very end of the article. If it's not in the version available here, I'll see about swapping them out.

Cheers
    Nell.
    Novice

Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:43 pm  

Nope - I double-checked the version hosted here and McKillop's article is on pages 9:4 to 9:10 (inclusive) based on the page numbers in the upper right. Page 9:12 is the second page of the Inacabulous article.

There is lots of interest in older maps like this now given Erik Mona's Greyhawk Map project for Dungeon.
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:55 am  

awiest wrote:
    Nope - I double-checked the version hosted here and McKillop's article is on pages 9:4 to 9:10 (inclusive) based on the page numbers in the upper right. Page 9:12 is the second page of the Inacabulous article.

There is lots of interest in older maps like this now given Erik Mona's Greyhawk Map project for Dungeon.

I just got an email about this, and have been doing some checking. Right now it looks like someone "reissued" a number of Oerth Journals at some point; the "red-number" versions are not the original version (at least not of my issues). I did release 2 versions of OJ 9, but it wasn't the map or logo that changed.

I'll let you know what happens.

Not very amused,
    Nell.
    Novice

Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:33 pm  
    Please help: Ruins of Mistmarsh

Does anyone have the map(s) for the Ruins of the Mistmarsh adventure that was published in the Oerth Journal (I think #11) a few years back? The adventure has all the stats but no map to put them with. Apparently the map(s) were posted on Sean Williams' website for awhile, but his website link is no longer working. If anyone has this I would REALLY appreciate a copy. Thanks!
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:50 pm  

You may find the maps HERE
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: