Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Searching for 3.5 feat info?
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Searching for 3.5 feat info?
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:27 pm  
    Searching for 3.5 feat info?

Does anybody know if there is a feat to allow you to use INT bonus for Damage? if so where can it be found( books,module,Magazine)?
    Master Greytalker

Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:01 pm  

I found this:

Combat Insight (Epic)
    Your keen intellect allows you to place melee attacks where they will deal the most damage.
    Prerequisites: Combat Expertise, Epic Prowess, base attack bonus +15
    Benefit: When wielding a melee weapon, add your Intelligence modifier rather than your Strength modifier to the weapon’s damage rolls. (Complete Warrior, p.151; Epic Insights, Vol. I, p.39; Epic Insights – Epic Level Combatants)

And since you were asking about Intelligence feats, I also thought you may (or may not) find these interesting:

Insightful Reflexes (General)
    Your keen intellect allows you an uncanny knack for evading dangerous effects.
    Benefit: You add your Intelligence modifier (instead of your Dexterity modifier) to Reflex saves. (Complete Adventurer, p.110)

Mind Over Body (Regional, Ancestor)
    The aesthetics and mystics of your homeland have learned to overcome the frailties of the body with the unyielding power of the mind.
    Regions (Faerun): Elf (Silverymoon or Snow Eagle Aerie), half-elf (Silverymoon), human (Calimshan, Mulhorand, Shou Expatriate, or Thay), planetouched (Calimshan or Thay), or spirit folk (Ashane)
    Nation: Any.
    Benefit: At 1st level, you may use your Intelligence or Charisma modifier (your choice) to determine your bonus hit points. For all subsequent levels, you use your Constitution modifier, as normal. In addition, you gain +1 hit point every time you learn a metamagic feat. Furthermore, if you can cast arcane spells, you get a +1 insight bonus to Armor Class.
    Special: You may select this feat only as a 1st-level character. You may have only one regional feat. (Player’s Guide to Faerun, p.41; Dragon #315, p.65)

Verminous Graft (General)
    The darkness spoke to you, and to your eternal regret you listened, plunging your hand into a nest of stinging, crawling insects.
    Prerequisites: Ability to prepare and cast contagion, required sacrifice.
    Sacrifice: You must give up the normal usage of one of your hands, making it home to a colony of insects like ants or termites. You may no longer use two-handed weapons or equipment. Further, the sight of your hand inspires fear and loathing in all who see it, imposing a –4 penalty on all Charisma-based skills or checks, except Intimidate, for which you instead gain a +2 bonus. This penalty also applies to any skill that requires both hands to use (such as Climb, Open Lock, or Use Rope).
    Benefit: You may, as a standard action, make a melee touch attack with your vermin-covered hand. This attack deals 1d6 points of damage + your Intelligence modifier. In addition, you are always considered armed for the purpose of making or avoiding attacks of opportunity.
    Special: A wizard may select Verminous Graft as a wizard bonus feat. (Dragon #336, p.108)

Hope that helped.
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:25 pm  

It is also a class feature of the swashbuckler class from Complete Warrior.

Insightful Strike
    At 3rd level, a swashbuckler becomes able to place her finesse attacks where they deal greater damage. She applies her Intelligence bonus (if any) as a bonus on damage rolls (in addition to any Strength bonus she may have) with any light weapon, as well as any other weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse, such as a rapier, whip, or spiked chain. Targets immune to sneak attacks or critical hits are immune to the swashbuckler’s insightful strike. A swashbuckler cannot use this ability when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.

This adds the int bonus to the str bonus for damage though!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 am  

Thanx to both of you that is very helpful. I thought there was something less costly than Combat Insight. +15 att bonus Shocked .
    Master Greytalker

Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:34 am  

Thanael wrote:
    It is also a class feature of the swashbuckler class from Complete Warrior...

If you changed the swashbuckler's ability such that it was INT bonus added to damage instead of STR bonus rather than in additionto it, then I think it could easily work as a feat. If I was the DM I'd probably allow it.
    Master Greytalker

Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 am  
    Intelligence feats for fighters?

Well, since we're on the topic ....

I was doing a build of a psion/monk, and was looking for something similar, as in the OP ... INT was a highly important stat for this build, obviously.

I thought that I would mention a feat that I found, since I don't know what type of character the OP is for. It is from an article about animal-styled matial arts with a very mystical twist ... Warriors of the Animal Fist, Patrick Younts, Dragon Magazine #319, p. 68-74, May 2004:

KUNG FU GENIUS
    Some styles of martial arts require the student to memorize advanced medical texts anatomicaI charts. These styles favor the intellectual over the introspective.
    Prereuisites: Int 13+, must be gained at or before the first level of monk is taken.
    Benfit: You use your Intellegence modifier rather than Wisdom for all monk special abilities that normally rely on Wisdom.

In my personal opinon, the Monk makes a great Intelligence-based combatant using this feat. ... and a psion/monk, or a psychic warrior/monk - MAN!! Shocked watch out for him!!

Anyway ... hope that was on-topic enough for the thread! Smile
    Edit: This also gives support to bubbagump's theory for a stat-swapping feat Exclamation Shocked
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    Adept Greytalker

Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:29 am  

BTW for info on 3E feats check out this site for an almost complete listing of all WoTC feats.

This forum post has all the Greyhawk regional feats from Dragons #315 and #319 with two noted omissions.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:48 pm  

the kung-fu genius feat was also released in the "dragon compendium volume one"; for a complete list of every feat published in wotc released products see this link: the consolidated lists. it is to the various "consolidated lists" on the wotc site.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: