The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - All Dried Out I & All Dried Out II
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop
    All Dried Out I & All Dried Out II

Would you like to see the unnamed group devoted to Incabulos?
    Yes
    100%
     100%  [ 3 ]
    No
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    Maybe (but here's how I do it)?
    0%
     0%  [ 0 ]
    Total Votes : 3

Grandmaster Greytalker

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 am  
    All Dried Out I & All Dried Out II

Seems this is the best way to get feedback on submissions and articles.

For those of you who don't already know my recent submission All Dried Out I&II was broken into two parts because of length of submission. In all it is one submission. Yes the rabbits are my homage to Monty Python, though they were better at getting laughs.

I always like to play on the horror approach when putting together something for my players. This was a revamped adventure from a Veluna based campaign I ran years ago.

I never like to run the same trick twice and it seems these things are more memorable when the players have no idea what they came across. Besides sometimes a zombie is not a zombie. Undead are fun but do not fit a Veluna campaign to me. So sickness and plague's are every day fears and Incabulos is under used in my opinion. He also represents famine Droughts nightmares ask Tharizdun on the later.

Please feel free to provide feedback and any changes you plan on making or have made if inserted to your own campaign.

Thanks Argon

Last edited by Argon on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:00 pm  

I always appreciate having the opportunity to see antagonists written up by someone else as that saves me much of the work. It is easier to make small adjustments to fit them into my own campaign than to build them from scratch. So, please provide the details. Smile

If I run All Dried Out I & II in my campaign, I would probably mention the plague-ridden animals for ambience, but not bother with going through the motions of having the PCs actually get into a fight with them. It's just a bit boring to me and my players to fight animals. (My newest group fought a couple of brown bears and, later, a mountain lion as wandering monsters in their first adventure. After that, each time I rolled such an encounter, I mentioned that they saw the animal, but that it wandered away from them. They always just let it go. Once you've fought animals a couple of times, it just isn't worth the effort any more.)

Another thing I would probably change is the ease the PCs have in changing (what's his name's) mind at the end. The way it's written, if the PCs have a letter from his parents, he will automatically renounce his evil plans. He obviously knows the evil that he is perpetrating and has given himself over to it, but just that easily he switches sides again? Nah. In my opinion, he would need some serious arguments and time to consider.

I would set up a mechanism whereby the PCs can gain bonuses to their Diplomacy check depending upon evidence of the effects on his loved ones, things they might think of saying, etc. Their Diplomacy Check should be countered by the BBEG's Intimidate Check when he threatens (what's his name's) eternal soul, vengeance upon his family, etc. if he should renounce his commitment to Incabulus. Each time the PCs win the roll-off, they should gain a point toward convincing (what's his name) to renounce his service to Incabulus. Each time the BBEG wins the roll-off, a point is deducted. If the point total reaches +5, the PCs win the convincing game. If it reaches -5, the BBEG wins and (what's his name) makes his final, irrevocable decision to serve Incabulus.

I think I'd leave everything else in the adventure just the way it is.

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:05 pm  

Sir Xaris,

Thanks for the feedback. The animal encounter might not occur it depends on the time that has past. Many encounters might not occur depending on passage of time. With that said I don't like random encounters. Instead i have preset encounters that i may or may not utilize based on what else happens during the adventure.

Remember Westil is partially controlled by the worm in his body. Since Incabulos relieved him when priests of Rao could not he was willing to listen to the rhetoric feed to him. However I wanted the letter to be the reconnection of his family to him. Once Westil sees what has passed his eyes widen and the truth is more evident.

Good takes so far glad to hear it.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Readers Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: