Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Hello Canonfire!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    Hello Canonfire!
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm  
    Hello Canonfire!

Hello fellow Greyhawk fans!

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone on Canonfire! I've been playing D&D and other rpg's for about 15 years now, and at the prompting of Sir Xaris, whom I had the pleasure of meeting at Gary Con this year, have decided to register as a member instead of continuing to lurk about the site Happy . Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully snag up some good tid bits to use in my home campaigns!

Baldrion
    GreySage

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:51 pm  

Welcome to the Canonfire! community, Baldrion! We're glad to have you. Smile

For the rest of you, I'll mention that Baldrion's got some impressive cartographical skills, too. Hope to see some of his work posted here on the site in the future. Happy

SirXaris

Edit: Baldrion is also one of the lucky ones to have survived playtesting a portion of Agnosco Adventum at GaryCon. As a result, I decided I needed to make it a bit more difficult. (Can't have adventurers thinking they can survive an adventure written by SirXaris! Evil Grin) SX
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:45 pm  

Welcome aboard! Happy

Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:58 am  

Welcome to CF!, Baldrion! Looking forward to seeing more posts from you.
    Paladin

Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:53 pm  
    Re: Hello Canonfire!

Baldrion wrote:
    have decided to register as a member instead of continuing to lurk about the site Happy . Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys and hopefully snag up some good tid bits to use in my home campaigns!
    Baldrion

As a fellow "lurker" it is far more beneficial to do it officially.
    So welcome to the shadows!
    You will find wise sages (Rasgon, SirXaris, Smillann, Mort, and many others) Barbarians (Argon), Artisans (Icarus), Quasi Deities of Cartography( Anna, Greyhawk Grognard, and others) and those of us that just comb the old tombs of the shadow ....
    Lest not forget to avoid the PURPLE Lightning...
    Master Greytalker

Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:36 pm  

Welcome, Baldrion! Were we in any of the same games at Gary Con? I played in Ken Haylock's AD&D game Friday morning and Jim Ward's FRPG game Friday afternoon, and I ran the Gary Con Open Friday night. Saturday night was Chris Clark's AD&D game, and Sunday was Steve Willett's C&C game. I also spent a good amount of time at the North Wind Adventures table with Jeff Talanian.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:36 am  

I don't think that we were, unfortunately. I started off the first day with grodog's Castle Greyhawk, and after that it was a go-between with Sir Xaris' game and Shane's C&C game.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:30 pm  

Welcome aboard Baldrion,

I survived editing and proofreading Agnosco Adventum! Laughing

There is much to glean from this site, besides witty banter. You will find plenty of articles and many people with cartography skills. As Sir Xaris has stated you have some of the later skills. Feel free to send or show us a sample of your work, it is somethnig most of us look forward too.

On another note feel free to join us for the Thursday night chats. You can click on the link to your left that reads as Greytalk Chat Now! (with Java). I for one always appreciate some new takes on existing canon or one's Greyhawk perspective from their home campaign.

Hope to see more of you on the boards.

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:16 pm  

Well, since Sir Xaris mentioned that I do have some cartographical skills, and Argon gave me the little nudge I needed Happy , I thought I'd upload one to get some input. Heres a map of the Hethiye Barony in Gran March that I created in Photoshop to use in my own campaign.

Last edited by Baldrion on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:20 pm  

Howdy!

Master Arminas
    Black Hand of Oblivion

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:43 am  

Looks good! Cool Is there such a thing as too many maps? I think not! Laughing

If you wish to share your maps, you can always do so HERE.

Fill out the form and submit it for each map, or for a collection of maps if you wish to offer certain map groupings as zip files instead. As to the files themselves, if you wish to submit something, you can PM me for details on where to send them for Canonfire! site hosting.

Last edited by Cebrion on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    GreySage

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:47 pm  

What'd I tell ya, ladies and gentlemen? He's got skills! Happy

Very nice map, Baldrion. As Cebrion said, we'd all love to see more of those and be able to download them for use in our own campaigns.

SirXaris
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:32 pm  

Baldrion,

Nice mapping skills look forward to seeing more of your work.

Later

Argon
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: