Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Need reminding on where to find some info on a storyline
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    Need reminding on where to find some info on a storyline
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:09 am  
    Need reminding on where to find some info on a storyline

Are there any other locations (modules, accessories, periodicals, source books, etc.) to find the back story concerning Iuz's riling the Barbarians to war using his impersonation of Vatun? I think that some of it is in the two modules WGS1 - Five Shall be One and WGS2 - Howl from the North. Any tips on where I can find further information? Your assistance, corrections, or observations are much appreciated.

Want to get a handle on the complete story surrounding those events.
    GreySage

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:47 am  

Besides the modules you listed, there is information in From the Ashes boxed set and Iuz the Evil gazatteer. You should also look in the Greyhawk Wiki link to the left. Wink

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:49 am  
    Found this info on the Five Blades of Corusk

Was wondering if this was cannonical as well.

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&thold=-1&mode=flat&order=0&sid=939#43082
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:51 am  
    Thank ye

Thanks SirXaris. Will do.

I think I actually have Iuz the Evil and the Greyhawk Wars set so I'll have to jump in there this evening when I get off work. Don't have the two modules. I'll grab them via PDF.
    GreySage

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 am  
    Re: Thank ye

Dredd wrote:
    I think I actually have ... the Greyhawk Wars set...

Oops! I did mean From the Ashes, but I completely forgot to mention Greyhawk Wars. I only do now to be sure you are aware that they are two very different boxed sets. Wink

SirXaris
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:49 am  
    FTA & Wars

Yeah buddy of mine got me the Wars set many moons ago. Also have FTA although I have to find all the pieces of both floating around in my gaming room. About to start renovation on that room to hold all my collectibles and make it the Den of All that is Geek.

Looking forward to delving into that lore and bringing it back to life for the crew.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:58 am  
    DUDE!

*Smacks forehead*

Duuuude... Thanks for the pointer to the Wiki. For some reason my cursor doesn't turn that link red when I passed over it before so I didn't think it was clickable.

Once I actually TRIED clicking it, I was taken to the back room of the Wizards guild where they keep all the good dirt. ;) lol

Lesson learned. Wonder if it was a glitch with IE8 or sumptin.

Thanks again!
    Paladin

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:01 am  
    Re: Found this info on the Five Blades of Corusk

Dredd wrote:
    Was wondering if this was cannonical as well.

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=News&file=article&thold=-1&mode=flat&order=0&sid=939#43082

To my knowledge it is not "canon" strictly speaking .. though it is well thought out...
    further rebuttal can be found here....
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3572

My only thought (as I intend on using this as well) is the "assembly" was suppose to summon forth Vantun...
    Now .. depending on the interpretation of assembly as to how this is done... I went with them in the presense of each other within rune mark, as opposed to literal interconnection.
    I went with 4 triquertra (symbol for protection)arranged in a square(for the four corners of the world and for each weapon weilder), with the fifth spot in the center where the points meet for a Rune symbol of Release and the wielder of either Edge,that brings them together,or Harmonizer since it defines the right to be preformed. haven't decided there.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:52 am  
    Sounds cool Galen

Yeah from what I've been reading they had the storyline kind of fleshed out for the third module which would have been released as WGS3, but ended up including much of that storyline in what became Greyhawk Wars. A shame really.

There are some REALLY nice plot devices / gaps in the mythos to create some really great stories - further the plot out of. Which I plan to do. Going to work it up as a home brew module for one of my players and see what the reaction is by the group. Then might do some writing based on that and see what comes of it.

I like the idea of the triquetra setup. One could also do something as simple as alternating the blades side by side in a "reading" to complete the spell. So like hilt down blade beside hilt up blade and alternate them, but the blades would be beside each other...almost like rolling out a scroll made of metal. Really there's no wrong answer there...let your imaginations run with it.

Thanks alot for all the input guys. It's been a big help.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:52 pm  

I want to think some LG modules might have had some info on this, but could be mistaken. Anyone with experience with LG know anything like this?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:01 pm  
    Re: Thank ye

SirXaris wrote:
    Dredd wrote:
    I think I actually have ... the Greyhawk Wars set...

Oops! I did mean From the Ashes, but I completely forgot to mention Greyhawk Wars. I only do now to be sure you are aware that they are two very different boxed sets. Wink

-Now I don't feel so bad. Wink Laughing
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm  

There's also "The Official History of the Greyhawk Wars".
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: