Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Back from GaryCon V!
    Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley
    Back from GaryCon V!
    GreySage

Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:29 am  
    Back from GaryCon V!

I'm back from representing Total Party Kill Games at GaryCon V this year, and what a blast it was. Rubbing shoulders with the likes of Luke and Ernie Gygax, Tim Kask, Frank Mentzer, Rob Kuntz, Tom Wham, and Jeff Easley! Though the convention began Wednesday night, I wasn't able to arrive until Friday evening, so I missed meeting Margaret Weiss, Skip Williams, James Ward, and a few others that couldn't stay for the weekend.

I was especially glad to have gottten a chance to speak to Allen Grohe (grodog) and spend a little time watching his Aliens event for a while. It was deadly. Evil Grin

A shout out here to Scott(enkainen) Casper! Sorry I missed you, bro. I saw your stack of business cards sitting on a table and got excited about meeting you there only to have Allen tell me you had been unable to stay. Sad Next year, then! Smile

When not manning the TPKGames booth, I was wandering the halls in my TPKGames T-shirt chatting with friendly strangers, making new friends, and trying to keep my gut sucked in. rolleyes I also ran two play-tests of The Fen of the Five-fold Maw - the swamp adventure I'm writing for TPKGames. Both groups of adventurers suffered heavy losses in the swamp chase at the end, though one of them managed to claim victory despite losing most members of the party to the horde of swamp denizens chasing them. But, that's what play-testing is for. I'll need to toughen it up a bit to be sure nobody survives. Evil Grin Razz

Actually, I received invaluable feedback from my playtest groups. Some of the players even wrote down all of their observations as notes for me so that I would have them to consider when adjusting the adventure. I just love gamers! We're the nicest, most helpful group of complete strangers on the planet. Happy

A quick thank you to my play-testers is certainly in order: Chris, Ben, Joey, Allen, Matt, Katie, Josh, Rick, and Brian. You all made my DMing experience everything good I hoped it would be.

This particular con began as a gathering of close family and friends after EGG's funeral five years ago and has expanded to include anyone that wants to gather to game in honor of the man that brought such a wonderful hobby to the masses. Were any other canonfire members there that I was unaware of?

SirXaris

Edit: Ah! Apparently, Bruce Heard was there as well, but I was completely unaware of the fact. Sad I'm sorry to have missed the chance to meet him in person. Also, John Reyst of d20pfsrd.com.

It looks like Bruce put up a great video and still pics of the con on his online blog, here: http://bruce-heard.blogspot.com/2013/03/GCV.html?spref=fb. I'm the one walking behind Rob Kuntz at about 11:30. SX

Last edited by SirXaris on Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
    CF Admin

Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:44 pm  
    Re: Back from GaryCon V!

SirXaris wrote:
    I was especially glad to have gottten a chance to speak to Allen Grohe (grodog) and spend a little time watching his Aliens event for a while. It was deadly. Evil Grin

It was great to see you again, Skip. You coming to NTX or KantCon later in the year?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:06 pm  
    Re: Back from GaryCon V!

grodog wrote:
    It was great to see you again, Skip. You coming to NTX or KantCon later in the year?

Thanks, Allen! I'd love to attend them, but don't plan on it unless my work load lightens up before then. Have fun! Happy

SirXaris
       Canonfire Forum Index -> The Backalley All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: