Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - New guy here
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk!
    New guy here
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 28, 2013 9:51 am  
    New guy here

I stumbled upon this site when searching for campaign information concerning Greyhawk as my friends and I just launched a 3.5 campaign in Greyhawk.

The party consists of a 3 druid/4 wizard elf going into Arcane Heirophant and my character a elf 2 fighter/2 ranger/3 swashbuckler going into Champion of Corellon Larethian. He has the leadership feat and his cohort is an elven cleric of Corellon. We've been having a lot of fun, but the dm and myself have been looking for stuff to add in the campaign and that search brought me here.

I have played dnd since I was 10, now 28. Hard to believe that much time has passed already lol.

I have experience in 1st edition (7 year campaign) 2nd edition (3 year campaign) and many 3rd and 3.5 campaigns. I also ran a Pathfinder game, and played in white wolf, G.U.R.P.S., BESM, Modern d20, and free-form role play.

I've played fighter, wizards, rogues, rangers, clerics and I've hit every alignment as a player except for true neutral.

I also played Living Greyhawk for two years, advancing to 8th level before it was all sadly over.

Anyhow, I'm from Alaska, but currently live in San Antonio, TX. I was wondering if there are any gamers here from that area, because my roomate and I are looking for a local group.

Anyhow the actual name is Don, Noah Atreides was the name of my Living Greyhawk character. Nice to meet you all.

My first post on the site was actually here. http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=4701

Told some stories about my previous adventures.

A little about me the person and not the player.

I'm 28, and I am a full time student at ITT Technical Institute of San Antonio, TX. Just recently finished an internship with the Habitat for Humanity.

The rest is probably unimportant :P
    GreySage

Tue May 28, 2013 12:50 pm  

Welcome to the Canonfire! community, Don! We're thrilled to have another Greyhawker join us. Happy

Thanks for jumping in on the conversations in the threads. Loved your rogue's hi-jinks. Laughing

If you aren't aware of them, be sure to check out the articles from the link at the top of the page and the Oerth Journals, here: http://oerthjournal.blogspot.com/p/oerth-journal-downloads.html.

Lots of excellent fan-made material in those resources. I also want to encourage you to submit your own works for publication. It's all free and volunteer, but it's fun and other people can get good ideas from every article. Smile

SirXaris

Tue May 28, 2013 2:07 pm  

All very cool stuff, and one of the reasons I signed up here to begin with, thank you for the link.

I think I may just write out a few stories when I get the time. I've always wanted to account for my Greyhawk character's adventures, if only I could find his binder now.

The campaign I'm currently in is like I said set in Greyhawk, the DM and I are keeping logs about it. After we get on with it a bit I'll post about the adventure.

That rogue is actually a Greyhawk character as well, and he makes a cameo appearance in my elf's backstory. We started at fifth level, so I had the opportunity to incorporate a previous adventure into it. That adventure is when my elf left his land with Darious. Hence the levels in Swashbuckler, he learned the human's fighting style.

Anyway, you'll probably learn more about the campaign as I post it up. Thanks for the welcome.
    Forum Moderator

Tue May 28, 2013 7:29 pm  

Welcome to the Canonfire community Noah/Don.

In addition to Xaris' suggestion, a whole herd of us gather every Thursday evening/night for Greyhawk chat.

http://www.otherworlders.org/chat/cf/

The link is also to the left. Come say hi sometime to a bunch of old Greyhawkers like yourself.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue May 28, 2013 7:47 pm  

I'll keep that in mind, I do have class from 6-11 pm central time on thursdays however. Sometimes I get off early, what general time does this chat take place?

http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=59768#59768

There is a link to a thread I started that will outline the adventures of the current Greyhawk game I am in.
    GreySage

Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 pm  

Noah_Atreides wrote:
    I'll keep that in mind, I do have class from 6-11 pm central time on thursdays however. Sometimes I get off early, what general time does this chat take place?

The Greyhawk Chat officially begins at 10:00pm CST. However, people come as they become available and depart as their responsibilities require. The chat never ends before midnight and I don't usually give up until about 2:00am. Cool So, if you aren't falling asleep after class, know that you're highly encouraged to join in the discussion.

SirXaris

Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:03 pm  

Noah_Atreides

Welcome to the boards. It was good to have you visit the chat this past Thursday. The best part is you did not turn into one of the zombies that permeate the chat.

Later

Argon
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:18 pm  

Haha, it was fun Argon, and I spoke to my dm to see about getting you in the campaign on OpenRPG. Let me know when you get it if you need any help deciphering it. To some the program can seem confusing at first, but it's rather quite simple.
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Welcome to Greyhawk! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: