Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Help! Advice needed for next adventure.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Help! Advice needed for next adventure.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:25 pm  
    Help! Advice needed for next adventure.

Help me pick my next adventure! I just finished up with Crown of the Kobold King. My five players are now at level 3. I want to run a published adventure set in Greyhawk. The party is in Bissel now, but willing to travel. It really doesn't matter what edition it is just something Hawky and level appropriate ! NOTE: Tomb of Horror is not an option Evil Grin
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:04 pm  

You could run "Sloth", an adventure from Dungeon 91 set in Bissel. Level 3-7, you attempt to fight/round up a rampaging belker.

"Vanity" in Dungeon 93. Level 3-9. Dungeon crawl with bugbears, also set in Bissel. Once you finish this, "Expedition to the Barrier Peaks" is level 8-12 (ish), and is just a skip to the west if I remember right.

"Lust", Dungeon 95. Level 2-6. Dim Forest adventure involving a half-fiend Satyr who has charmed the Knights of the watch.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:59 am  

Wow great choices! Luckily I have those magazines....I wanted to integrate Red Hand of Doom into this after this filler adventure. Played Expedition to Barrier Peaks years ago.. I don't have the module now but I remember the color coded cards, hordes of veggypygmies and a nasty surgical robot ;)

HELLO!!!
    GreySage

Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:47 am  

The Canonfire! Chronicles has a couple of adventures of appropriate level for your party. One is set in Geoff or Sterich (A Little Problem), so it's reasonably close to Bissel. The other is set in Perrenland (A Wailing at Whitecreek) - the opposite direction.

Here is a direct link to the download.
    http://www.canonfire.com/cf/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=19

SirXaris

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:24 pm  
    Re: Help! Advice needed for next adventure.

electryc wrote:
    Help me pick my next adventure! I just finished up with Crown of the Kobold King. My five players are now at level 3. I want to run a published adventure set in Greyhawk. The party is in Bissel now, but willing to travel. It really doesn't matter what edition it is just something Hawky and level appropriate ! NOTE: Tomb of Horror is not an option Evil Grin

I decided to "Forum Shift" out of the 2nd edition realm...for once...and stumbled by accident on this. Wink

If they are willing to travel southeast through Veluna towards Verbobonc, I suggest "The Village of Hommlet" with a direct tie-in to "Temple of Elemental Evil." These are classic 1st edition modules you can convert, no doubt, to your edition. My first 'real' campaign decades ago with my PCs took place in the former module. I think it is a winner.

-Lanthorn, back to the 2e "realms"

"POOF!" Razz
    Paladin

Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:35 pm  

With Lanthorn on this one... T1-4 is a classic must for all no matter the edition... I am currently running a 3.5e version for a one off session ( a secondary game session that not all my players can attend). I must say it brings back great memories for me and brings a classic to another generation of players.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:58 pm  

I have Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil by Monte Cook. Advice? That one or try to find a converted T1-T4. I never played it tabletop I have played the delightfully buggy computer game though..

Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:06 pm  

Update: I picked Against the Cult of the Reptile God, by Douglas Niles (level 1-3). After the group stocked up in Pelgram they took a barge down the Realstream to the city of Hochoch were they will travel to the reptile infested Orlane. Seemed close enough. Now I'm Just trying to figure out good ambush encounters in a river located in the Dim Forest. Any ideas? Last session they fought off 5 harpies.
    GreySage

Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:15 pm  

electryc wrote:
    Last session they fought off 5 harpies.

At 1st level?! Shocked

SirXaris

Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:16 am  

No they are level 3 Laughing First encounter was aboard a barge entailed 3 harpies. They killed one the harpies. The two others got injured and picked up a charmed PC to take back to their nest. They succeeded (diplomacy,intimidate) in making the barge captain drop anchor where they went to shore and tracked the harpies back to the nest where they were attacked by 4 harpies. (2 already injured)
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: