JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - No One Chats Any More
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Canonfire! & GreyTalk Support and Feedback
    No One Chats Any More
    GreySage

Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:26 pm  
    No One Chats Any More

See? I'm over at Greytalk and . . . no one's there. Nearly 7:30 my time. No one shows up until midnight my time -- bed time -- and then ask why I'm never "around."

You guys start too late over "there" and the east coasters don't show up any more, so . . .

Neither do I.

Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:38 pm  

Ooh! I'm there! But, I'm such a lurker... like bullywug eyes peering up out of the swampy waters...

*peer*
    GreySage

Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:41 pm  

I am on now. Most people show up at 10:00pm CST. Others trickle in as the night progresses. I've been on before 10:00pm CST, but there's almost never anyone on that early.

SirXaris

Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:41 am  

I unfortunately have had a student I work late with on Thursdays. By the time I get home, have had a chance to make and eat dinner, and been able to finally mellow out a bit, it is after 11pm and I usually nod off for a few hours. Then I wake up, often accompanied by a muttered expletive, and note that I have missed the chat yet again. I only have about 6 weeks of this left though, and ought to be back in more regularly.

Perhaps there should be a GREYchat thread of chat topics to focus/liven things up, instead of going at it willy nilly all the time? Perhaps post chat logs too? Maybe create a dedicated forum for just these things? Thoughts?

Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:46 pm  

Cebrion wrote:
    Perhaps there should be a GREYchat thread of chat topics to focus/liven things up, instead of going at it willy nilly all the time? Perhaps post chat logs too? Maybe create a dedicated forum for just these things? Thoughts?

If someone had the time to go through and weed out all the inane blather so that we could read through the actual Greyhawk talk that takes place on evenings we miss joining in, that would be great! Who might have such time, though?

I also note that I can't read anything that was posted before I logged in. I think several people are constantly logged in, but I'm not sure how to do that, since it logs me out whenever I turn my computer off. Confused

I think a list of topics would serve very well to help keep the chat on topic. Wink

SirXaris

Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:13 pm  

Things have been sporadic indeed and the late starts don't help for sure. Heck last week I plum FORGOT it was Thursday. Didn't have anything else going on but the chat wasn't on my mind which means we need some kind of spark like you guys are discussing. Is there a better day than Thursday I'm wondering?
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:17 pm  

Since, most of us are long time Greytalkers. Why don't we set some time aside to chat? Would Friday or Saturday serve us better. I have logged on earlier on Thursdays, but no one but zombies seem to permeate the the chat. Even the zombies have dwindled recently. I'll start a post with a poll to see if the day should change and what is the preferred time most of us favor?

The rest of us can make a pledge to start the topic. This week Sir Xaris, next week Mort, then Gary, then Argon, then Ceb, and etc.

Let me get started on the post.

Later

Argon
    GreySage

Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:33 pm  

I actually prefer the current day and time. Thursdays are the most convenient for me, though an earlier start time might work.

SirXaris
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

You can post new topics in this forum
    You can reply to topics in this forum
    You can edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!

Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.31 Seconds