JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Raging Swan and Stealthhawk
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
    Raging Swan and Stealthhawk
    Adept Greytalker

Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:44 pm  
    Raging Swan and Stealthhawk

Raging Swan Press is run by Creighton Broadhurst, an excellent designer of eld for Living Greyhawk (Onnwhal, I think). His press, Raging Swan, designs locales and adventures both for Pathfinder and system neutral, including this town guide:

http://www.ragingswan.com/town-backdrop-deksport/

which is wonderfully, transparently, the town of Dekspoint in the eastern Bone March.

I'm wondering if anyone has spotted other "Stealthhawk" references in other Raging Swan stuff? Not just "This would be easy to drop into Greyhawk" but "this is absolutely Greyhawk just disguised a little".
    Adept Greytalker

Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:08 am  

Nice find! Broadhurst also wrote many of the better LG articles on wizards.com, making him one of the post-Greyhawk authors I keep my eye on.

I've picked up a few Raging Swan works with titles that nod to the classics (Shadowed Keep on the Borderlands, Against the Cult of the Bat God), but Deksport is the most overt GH content I've seen by far.
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:38 am  

vestcoat wrote:
    ...Deksport is the most overt GH content I've seen by far.

-Any chance you mean Dekpoint?

Broadhurst did so some campaigning with Dekspoint:

http://raging-swan.livejournal.com/216009.html?thread=328649

http://raging-swan.livejournal.com/260613.html
    Adept Greytalker

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:31 pm  

I just wanted to take the time to give a big applaud to Creighton Broadhurst and Raging Swan Press.

After reading this post, I began looking through his products and ordered Town Backdrop: Deksport.

I have become a fan of his material.

In addition, I would like to pass on that his customer service is top notch. I had a question and emailed him. I received a response very quickly. It was very nice to see a company with an obvious concern for their customers.

Keep up the good work Mr. Broadhurst and all those at Raging Swan Press!
    Grandmaster Greytalker

Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:08 pm  

BUMP!

I just found this thread, which fits better than the Loftwood one. [EDIT: I didn't know this was in the D&D3/Pathfinder threads]

vestcoat wrote:
    Raging Swan's Deksport has been discussed here before and it's a good product. Combine it with Broadhurst's campaign journals on Dekspoint (google them) and you have a fair amount of material...

-I think Deksport underwent a few modifications (besides the name) to avoid trouble with WOTC. FWIW, these are my notes for converting Deksport to Dekspoint:

The town map on p. 5 works well if you tilt 90 degrees counter-clockwise.

The campaign map on p. 9 just doesn't work at all. You could use the places discussed as "The Hinterland" (pp. 8-9) and use the map for inspiring your placement of villages on another map (say, Anna's).

The interval between the conquest of Deksport and its rise as a pirate haven is described as "A few decades..." (p. 10). You either a) have to convert that to "a few years", or b) assume that the orcs and goblins conquered Dekspoint long before most of the Bone March fell.

The CN sea godess Serat converts easily to Procan (p. 16).

Abarin (p. 19), the N god of industry and artifice, probably lines up with Blerred.

In his blog ( http://www.creightonbroadhurst.com/tag/battle-of-the-loftwood/ ), Creighton Broadhurst's PCs went to Dekspoint right about the time of the Battle of the Loftwood, so I assume that Deksport assumes 578, although that might not be so (so much Pathfinder stuff is 590s). But since I'm DMing Ratik in 578, that works for me.
    Paladin

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:46 pm  

I would encourage all to check out his Patreon Site.... Certainly well worth the couple of bucks to me... maybe to you as well...
    DLG

https://www.patreon.com/ragingswanpress/overview
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: