Signup
Welcome to... Canonfire! World of GreyhawK
Features
Touring the Flanaess
Adventures
in Greyhawk
Cities of
Oerth
Deadly Denizens
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - What Makes the Darlene Map Special
    Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion
    What Makes the Darlene Map Special
    Author Message
    Forum Moderator

    Joined: Feb 26, 2004
    Posts: 2575
    From: Ullinois

    Send private message
    Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:50 pm  
    What Makes the Darlene Map Special

    Here's a recent post I think people would like to share their experiences with...

    http://greyhawkery.blogspot.com/2017/10/why-darlenes-greyhawk-map-is-special.html
    Paladin

    Joined: Sep 07, 2011
    Posts: 833
    From: Houston Texas

    Send private message
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:02 pm  
    Re: What Makes the Darlene Map Special

    mortellan wrote:
    Here's a recent post I think people would like to share their experiences with...

    http://greyhawkery.blogspot.com/2017/10/why-darlenes-greyhawk-map-is-special.html

    Thanks for that Mort,
    And I would agree .. and to add.. after dining with Anna several times throughout Gencon50 (missed having you there by the way), we discussed map creation. And even she would say they inspired her to do the work she has done... Many don't realize that Darlene's maps set the bar for all others to follow. The limitations of the real world for multiple colors, and printing at that size were just only a few of the obstacles to overcome.. and to have grown with those from the days BEFORE mass printing and WWW digital world it, for me, is also a bit of a nostalgic reminder of past adventures and future ones to come.
    DLG
    Forum Moderator

    Joined: Feb 26, 2004
    Posts: 2575
    From: Ullinois

    Send private message
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:04 pm  

    Good response DLG! Meeting Darlene at Garycon last year was worth missing GenCon however. OTOH I am currently 90% going to GenCon51. Maybe we can talk more maps soon!
    CF Admin

    Joined: Jun 29, 2001
    Posts: 1404
    From: Wichita, KS, USA

    Send private message
    Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:26 am  

    mortellan wrote:
    Good response DLG! Meeting Darlene at Garycon last year was worth missing GenCon however. OTOH I am currently 90% going to GenCon51. Maybe we can talk more maps soon!


    Does that mean you're not going to GaryCon, Mike? I had a blast playing with you last year, and the rest of your crew :D

    Allan.
    _________________
    Allan Grohe (grodog@gmail.com)
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html
    Forum Moderator

    Joined: Feb 26, 2004
    Posts: 2575
    From: Ullinois

    Send private message
    Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:45 am  

    Well Allan, my chances of going back to Garycon are much better than Gencon. Gencon is so impossible to find hotels that it's pricing me out almost. We shall see, but I definitely want to hang out again in Geneva.
    Paladin

    Joined: Sep 07, 2011
    Posts: 833
    From: Houston Texas

    Send private message
    Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:37 am  

    mortellan wrote:
    Well Allan, my chances of going back to Garycon are much better than Gencon. Gencon is so impossible to find hotels that it's pricing me out almost. We shall see, but I definitely want to hang out again in Geneva.

    I hear ya on the hotel part... we opted to stay out pasted the airport and rent a car and pay for parking... even with all of that... it was notably cheaper than staying on location.... Shocked
    We are considering both as possibilities this year as my newer players had never been to a convention and have now had a taste for more.... And after speaking with Luke on the fate of Gygax magazine, I'd really want to take the time to go and continue to try and grow another generation of Greyhawk....
    CF Admin

    Joined: Jun 29, 2001
    Posts: 1404
    From: Wichita, KS, USA

    Send private message
    Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 pm  

    mortellan wrote:
    Well Allan, my chances of going back to Garycon are much better than Gencon. Gencon is so impossible to find hotels that it's pricing me out almost. We shall see, but I definitely want to hang out again in Geneva.


    Looking forward to it! :D

    Allan.
    _________________
    Allan Grohe (grodog@gmail.com)
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html
    CF Admin

    Joined: Jun 29, 2001
    Posts: 1404
    From: Wichita, KS, USA

    Send private message
    Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:01 pm  

    Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    We are considering both as possibilities this year as my newer players had never been to a convention and have now had a taste for more.... And after speaking with Luke on the fate of Gygax magazine, I'd really want to take the time to go and continue to try and grow another generation of Greyhawk....


    You should also look into the North Texas RPG Con in Dallas each year in June---definitely closer than Lake Geneva!: http://ntrpgcon.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/310434204630/

    Allan.
    _________________
    Allan Grohe (grodog@gmail.com)
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html
    Paladin

    Joined: Sep 07, 2011
    Posts: 833
    From: Houston Texas

    Send private message
    Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:40 am  

    grodog wrote:
    You should also look into the North Texas RPG Con in Dallas each year in June---definitely closer than Lake Geneva!: http://ntrpgcon.com/ and https://www.facebook.com/groups/310434204630/

    Allan.

    Ah, Thanks for the tip Allan.... didn't know about that one... the only one I was aware of was Reapercon in October.... and its great if you have an addiction for minis.... (which I would be considered an incurable according to my wife heheh)
    CF Admin

    Joined: Jun 29, 2001
    Posts: 1404
    From: Wichita, KS, USA

    Send private message
    Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:48 am  

    Dark_Lord_Galen wrote:
    Ah, Thanks for the tip Allan.... didn't know about that one... the only one I was aware of was Reapercon in October.... and its great if you have an addiction for minis.... (which I would be considered an incurable according to my wife heheh)


    You're welcome! Given GaryCon's exponential growth, many old schoolers are looking toward NTX as the standard bearer for 1e and other older systems.

    Allan.
    _________________
    Allan Grohe (grodog@gmail.com)
    http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/greyhawk.html
    Display posts from previous:   
       Canonfire Forum Index -> World of Greyhawk Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

    Jump to:  

    You cannot post new topics in this forum
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum


    Forums ©


    Canonfire! is a production of the Thursday Group in assocation with GREYtalk and Canonfire! Enterprises

    Contact the Webmaster.  Long Live Spidasa!


    Greyhawk Gothic Font by Darlene Pekul is used under the Creative Commons License.

    PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
    Page Generation: 0.35 Seconds