Username Password
   or Create an Account
HomeForumsFAQArticlesReviewsDownloadsLinksTop 20Feedback
 Features

Greyhawk Wiki

Canonfire :: View topic - Worn out questions I assume...
Worn out questions I assume...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder
View previous topic :: View next topic  
curbry
Novice
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject: Worn out questions I assume... Reply with quote

but I wasn't able to find what I was looking for in the forums. Hopefully you will bear with a new member of the forums :)

My question is this- have been playing Pathfinder for a few years, and are taking a break to do Strahd for 5E. I've never been a fan of the Realms, so we are doing our initial adventuring in Greyhawk before kicking off the adventure in Barovia. Already, a few players are bummed as we've all enjoyed spending time on Oerth. There is some discussion about looking at Pathfinder but coming back to Greyhawk after Strahd. (Please note I've never played 3.5. So I'm not aware of what resources that might have...)

However, how have you handled races?
1.) Do you allow the subraces? High elves, valley elves, wild elves, tallfellow halflings, etc? If so, how do you handle the mechanics?
2.) How would you handle the myriad of other races that Pathfinder offers? Would you allow any of them, or just stick with the classic Greyhawk races?
3.) Any other major issues anyone has found tackling Pathfinder in Greyhawk?

I'm sure I'll have other questions- but this seems like the most glaring one to me initially.
Cebrion
Black Hand of Oblivion
Black Hand of Oblivion

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Though I ran Pathfinder for a few dozen sessions, not many PCs/NPCs were of the odd Greyhawk subraces - maybe one or two. I had more of an issues with monster stat availability and needing to convert a few, such as bullywugs to name one.

As to suggestions for what to do about PC subraces, here is one:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?3661-Greyhawk-Races-Question&p=50220#post50220

Another focusing on 5E rules, but which touches on where one might place the newer and more odd races: http://www.greyhawkgrognard.com/2016/03/04/greyhawk-races-for-5e/

I would also suggest the Pinnacles of Azor'alq, which lies in the Drawmij Ocean, as another suitable location for Dragonborn.

Last, welcome to Canonfire! Happy
Cyrusalthantas
Journeyman Greytalker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use what is published in the Races of Faerun book with some modifications. I swap the wood and wild elf and for halflings I do mods using 2e resources.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 3.0e/3.5e/d20/Pathfinder All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: