Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - Greyhawk campaign set after Living Greyhawk concludes
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition
    Greyhawk campaign set after Living Greyhawk concludes
    Apprentice Greytalker

Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 pm  
    Greyhawk campaign set after Living Greyhawk concludes

Hello everyone!
    Lifelong Greyhawk-fan but only now registering on Canonfire! What took me so long?

After my current campaign (a homebrew setting) concludes, I intend to return home and run a campaign in Greyhawk once again. And I know it must be heresy - and opinions are divided - but I would very much like to explore the era beyond the Living Greyhawk campaign. That is, a campaign set after 598 CY.

But, while I have been able to piece together a large amount of lore from Living Greyhawk adventures, I haven't been able to lay my hands on the final two adventures in the Core arc ("Whispers of the Obsidian Citadel" and "Wheels within Wheels").

Could anyone point me in the right direction? It would help me to shape my campaign.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:25 pm  

I've got a document titled "Wheels Within Wheels," but it was detailing information regarding the Circle of Eight.

If not for Ghosts of Saltmarsh, which appears to take place in the 570s CY, I'd definitely set 5e GREYHAWK post 598 CY 'cause I recall there being an idea of Oerth's magic fading, which I think would fit 5e's more limited magic system compared to 3e.
    CF Admin

Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:18 am  

Robin Bailey's NightWatch novel is set in the mid-600s IIRC. Might offer some further ideas.

Allan.

Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:35 pm  

I will definitely look that up!
    Encyclopedia Greyhawkaniac

Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:19 am  

Amesang wrote:
    I've got a document titled "Wheels Within Wheels," but it was detailing information regarding the Circle of Eight.

If not for Ghosts of Saltmarsh, which appears to take place in the 570s CY, I'd definitely set 5e GREYHAWK post 598 CY 'cause I recall there being an idea of Oerth's magic fading, which I think would fit 5e's more limited magic system compared to 3e.

Ghosts seems pretty much 576cy but there is no reason not to alter any and all published material to fit your desires as a DM.
    Apprentice Greytalker

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:30 pm  

Well, at the moment I'm a player to a referee who's fairly indifferent to lore, but I attempted to help out my group by putting together a "Player's Guide to Saltmarsh" with information from Ghosts… and the LIVING GREYHAWK™ Gazetteer up to 576 CY (though finding out who was who in the Circle of Eight at the time was a fun bit of pain).
    Master Greytalker

Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:02 am  
    Night Watch set in the 600s

grodog wrote:
    Robin Bailey's NightWatch novel is set in the mid-600s IIRC. Might offer some further ideas.
    Allan.

I totally didn't know this!
    My opinion of that book just skyrocketed through the roof!

Grodog, if you happen to have a reference for that, I would love that! I'd love to add that to notes on my home campaign, which I personally set post-LG in the (early) 600s CY.

I mean, I have the book right here beside me on the shelf, but, it's been a while since I sat down and read through the whole thing.
    Would you happen to know if the novel actually gives a date, or is it inferred by references?
    Owner and Lead Admin: https://greyhawkonline.com<div>Editor-in-Chief of the Oerth Journal: https://greyhawkonline.com/oerthjournal</div><div>Visit my professional art gallery: https://wkristophnolen.daportfolio.com</div>
    CF Admin

Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:05 pm  
    Re: Night Watch set in the 600s

Icarus wrote:
    Would you happen to know if the novel actually gives a date, or is it inferred by references?

IIRC it's based on the internal chronology of the novel's storyline, but it's been awhile since I read it too, Kristoph.

Allan.

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:21 pm  

With the help of Greyhawk Reborn, I was able to piece together the answers I sought. Thanks for all the help!
       Canonfire Forum Index -> Greyhawk- D&D 5th Edition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: