Deadly
Denizens
Jason Zavoda Presents
The Gord Novels
Greyhawk Wiki
#greytalk
JOIN THE CHAT
ON DISCORD
    Canonfire :: View topic - General Formatting.
    Canonfire Forum Index -> Gran March Gazetteer
    General Formatting.
    Master Greytalker

Fri May 06, 2005 7:16 pm  
    General Formatting.

Hello All.

As this project comes togeather, I thought we should open a discussion on general format. It is my intention to format the project in Wordpro, the Lotus Wordprocessor, then to format it for download in Word and Adobe. The Adobe will be in two formats. One will be the general text, the second will be the DMs version, which will have all stats and "Secrets," in a sidebar. That is how I think we should present the whole thing... General text (think LGG) in the normal page, everything else in sidebars. There will be several sections that are DM only, mainly what Ivor is orchestrating.

I would like to make it available in Adobe download for convienance, and in Word so that DMs can make it fit their vision.

I would like to get thoughts on how to format this. If anyone has more powerful software, I am all for it.
    Master Greytalker

Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:58 am  
    Hello All

I am diligently working on a number of pieces for the website, and as I do so, several questions are coming to mind. I believe that we should have two documents that come mind. The first is the website. We need to discuss with Gary if there would be a charge for this, and what the onrunning maintinance requirements would be.

Yabs, if we could, could you do a quick introduction to the site, one paragraph, detailing the scope and purpose of the project? I have only discussed with Gary the use of the space as a temporary project space. In the past I have envisioned this project as a simple download gazateer, to read from the screen or print. The website creates many new possiblities, but i do not know what the onrunning requirements would be.

If we do both, it seems that they are two dramatically different formats, with different needs... nearly two projects.

If we attempt to maintain a constant online presence, I think we should worry about the formatting afterwards, i.e. get a cohesive coherent gazatteer in Word/PDF format, and downloadable from Canonfire (and anywhere else appropriate), and then go back and revisit the website and necessary formatting.

Thoughts?
    Journeyman Greytalker

Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:33 am  

Anced

I will knock up a quick overview for the website, as for costs, I am not aware of any, I believe Gary has never mentioned a price Happy

As for the website, I am surprised how well it is beginning to turn out, but you are right it was/is only meant to be an interim workspace for development, however I think there may be a place for a Gran March website when we are done. As for over head in maintaining, well thats not too much of a problem on my part.
    Page 1 of 1

Jump to: