Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:58 pm  
Greyhacking via Madame Riva (N2)

Part VIII.

Using N2 in a non-canon location of the Nutherwood.

-------- This Week --------

After leaving the High Druid with the cure for the blight...

The party took the alternate route per the Druid's suggestion and runs into the Bugbear trap on schedule. There was some damage taken so the party stays for the night a little back from the river and uses up all their healing spells.

The following day they attempt the shallow river crossing and encounter the Giant Frogs. In the crossing while Thanos the Half-Ogre has Jim the Gnome-Thief ride upon his shoulders while wearing his invisibility ring. So picture this, a Gnome floating in mid-air over the river while the rest of the party is wading waist deep. (Also the Half-Ogre is in the lead.)

So who do the majority of Giant Frogs attack? The apparently floating Gnome of course. Of course he is hit by tongue, but instead of getting reeled in by the Frog, I judge that the Frog is pulled up to the Gnome due to the Half-Ogre anchor. So I still allow for bite damage.

The Frogs are defeated of course, but not before the Gnome is bitten within a hit point of his life.

They spend another night on the other side of the river, using up all their healing spells again.

Then it's time to cross over the mountains and the spend another night. The scheduled Yeti attacks and makes a successful grab at the scantily clad Sable the sidekick, and nearly gets away with her. (I should have given her frostbite.) A lucky penetration crit drops the Yeti from the back.

Later in the day the four scheduled Perytons attack. I finally almost believe I can kill off the party since they're short on +1 magical weapons. June-Bug the Druid attempts to use his Great Spear and rolls a 20, he rolls another 20 (using the old house crit rule.) Normally this would allow an instant kill. I gleefully grin when I tell him his hit has no effect. Finally the Magic-User comes to the rescue with a scroll "Sidewinder Fireball, Factor 3" (written by an 11th level M.U.) using his "Spell Raise" Talent, and none of the Perytons make their saving throws! (Well, another magic item used up.)

Onward, and the Party runs into Gypsy Rinaldo the party manages to get led into the Gypsy camp and are offerred the deal by Madame Riva to retrieve their Pegasus. They take the offer, but insist on delivery of the Druid blight cure first

[Even though Riva could lift the curse immediately, yes the party is full of block-heads.]

The party is on their way back to the Gypsy camp after effecting the cure.

Session ends.

-------- Notes --------

Party Update cast of Characters:

Thanos: Level 1 Berserker Half-Ogre, munchkinized. He once was level 3 but got
level drained back to 1.

Sable: Level 1 Cleric of Iuz, sidekick of Thanos acquired when he was Level 2.

June-Bug: Level 2/2 Ranger/Druid of Obad-Hai, munchinized.

Montague: Level 2 Magic User.

Remington: Level 2 Bard.

Jim: Level 1 Gnome Thief

(Party members mentioned in earlier messages are dead.)